SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
For those of you interested in brands other than Warn, we are now a dealer for Superwinch too.

Here's the winch I'd consider a rival to Warn's 16.5TI, thought we carry the whole brand.
The Superwinch 18SR w/ 90' of synthetic line.
SuperWinch18SR.gif

Seems like a lot of value for the buck. We'll be evaluating the 18SR's performance once I upgrade my truck to the production version of the SuperArmor.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've had this synthetic rope here for a while now and finally got around to installing it. Wish I'd done it sooner.

It's so light it's amazing and the fact that it's plastic means I can throw it up on the hood and not worry about damaging the paint.
SyntheticOnTheHood.jpg

note: this didn't work as well as I'd hoped as the truck is well waxed and the rope tended to slide around as I was moving the truck. Maybe drape it over one of the wings next time.

Todd over at custom splice suggested the 'knot' method on the 6th wrap. I was able to get this to work and I think it's a great idea to keep the line from pulling off the drum and it works great. More on this later...

So I got it to a good spot, hooked up to a big tree, set the ebrake and started a nice long pull to wind the cable.
Synthetic3.jpg

Synthetic.jpg

I think the fairlead looks a lot better than the roller unit. I wasn't too sure how it would react to the curve on the bumper, but I just tightened the bolts down and it bowed to match the bumper.

I don't like the Yellow hook, so I've got to paint that, but otherwise I think this was a nice upgrade.
Synthetic2.jpg

Got the fairlead and synthetic line from Custom Splice, there were a few problems with the order, but they did a good job of straightening them out and all is good here.

ftast350

Reaction score
I absolutely love the look of this bumper! One question, could a guy get the 2 middle bars changed up a bit? Make them slightly larger and put them just over and under the ford symbol following the grill lines and have them "divot" around the ford symbol? But what you have is amazing!!!

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I've had this synthetic rope here for a while now and finally got around to installing it. Wish I'd done it sooner.

It's so light it's amazing and the fact that it's plastic means I can throw it up on the hood and not worry about damaging the paint.
SyntheticOnTheHood.jpg

note: this didn't work as well as I'd hoped as the truck is well waxed and the rope tended to slide around as I was moving the truck. Maybe drape it over one of the wings next time.

Todd over at custom splice suggested the 'knot' method on the 6th wrap. I was able to get this to work and I think it's a great idea to keep the line from pulling off the drum and it works great. More on this later...

So I got it to a good spot, hooked up to a big tree, set the ebrake and started a nice long pull to wind the cable.
Synthetic3.jpg

Synthetic.jpg

I think the fairlead looks a lot better than the roller unit. I wasn't too sure how it would react to the curve on the bumper, but I just tightened the bolts down and it bowed to match the bumper.

I don't like the Yellow hook, so I've got to paint that, but otherwise I think this was a nice upgrade.
Synthetic2.jpg

Got the fairlead and synthetic line from Custom Splice, there were a few problems with the order, but they did a good job of straightening them out and all is good here.

That synthetic rope is really nice and much tougher than people think. Chippers use an almost identical rope for their winches and they take a beating before they rub through or break.

Jake

Reaction score
Dang that bumper looks good! Yeah the synthetic rope is awesome we use a ton of it. Another nice thing is if it breaks it's a lot less likely to kill you like wire rope and chain will. It will scratch your hood once it gets embedded with some dirt....

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I know, I've been quiet for a while, I'm sure y'all have been wondering.

Starting a new production line and all new technology is not an easy task, we've been working hard.

Today I took my bumper (2nd prototype) off and test fitted the first production piece to my truck. Yes, I know the center bars aren't on it, the tooling to bend the wings got messed up and they have been delayed. Still, I thought you all would like to see where we are.

Here's the 2nd prototype coming off the truck.
20141105_080106Large.jpg

20141105_080051Large.jpg

Fitting the Warn 16.5TI winch into the new bumper.
20141105_090019Large.jpg

A few beauty shots of the new bumper mounted to my truck. Fits like a glove. Hope you enjoy.
20141105_101853Large.jpg

20141105_101835Large.jpg

20141105_101806Large.jpg

20141105_101936Large.jpg

We'll finish up the center bars shortly and ship this one off to it's new home.

A lot of work in these babies that's for sure.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Done!

On a pallet and ready to ship to the customer.
With the double center bars it's 227lbs.
Center bars are about 7lbs each, so a single center bar version would be 220lbs.
SuperArmorOnTheScale.jpg

20141106_132857Large.jpg

20141106_132910Large.jpg

20141106_132923Large.jpg

20141106_134008Large.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Any plans for the f150 version? I'm trying to talk my buddy into waiting for it but he just hit a deer last week and he wants this ugly as hell chunky thing covered in diamond plate. I'd like to atleast be able to show him a computer rendition of something better than what he wants right now.

Last edited:

truckman1974

Reaction score
Looks really cool!

You should do a video showing installation. Maybe taking the factory one off and bolting yours on so people can see how easy it all marries up to the truck. You know how we all like videos! :)

Just an idea....

ftast350

Reaction score
I'd love to see it installed on one with the stock grille! Looks soooo good! And I wish shipping wouldn't kill me to get it to Canada!

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It goes on really easily.

Take all the stock stuff off, save the hardware, attach the winch, slip the bumper on, use that double bolt that's stock to attach it. Adjust it and tighten it. Then if the body isn't centered loosen the cab bolts and adjust it. This isn't due to problems with the bumper, my body was 3/4" off center from the factory. Torque the fasteners.

When we pulled the 2nd proto off to fit the first production one, it took like 15 minutes to take it off.

Yes, I'm in the process of writing instructions. A video is a good idea though. With a buxom chickie in it to help :D

The F150 is next. But I have to get this one out and selling first. I've got a lot of $ tied up in getting this one out the door.

Those of you who are interested but haven't pulled the trigger yet...are you waiting for me to have stock? or is the time of year wrong? or...?

I know we seem to be a new company and are new to the powerstroke, but we've been in business since '99 and survived the great recession too.

I was surprised at the shipping cost LTL to TX. It wasn't nearly as much as I though it'd be. It might not be too bad to Canada. Email me your address [email protected] and I'll run a shipping quote. Also, you can save a lot of money by picking it up at the terminal rather than a residential delivery.

Last edited:

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Its nice but just not for me. All I have ever ran is Ranch Hand or Guage. Imo for me the price is what kills it. No way I would pay 2k for a battering ram. But as I said you do nice work.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Your driving a $40k battering ram.....

$2500 is a tough bullet to bite for a bumper. But it looks FAR better than a ranch hand ever thought.

Jomax

Reaction score

$2500 is a tough bullet to bite for a bumper. But it looks FAR better than a ranch hand ever thought.

X2. If I'd have a 2011+ this is the only bumper that would go on..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nic

Reaction score
This is the greatest looking bumper I have ever seen. I'm in no way an aftermarket bumper person either. You sir have changed the game. Extremely plush and yet still rugged. Awesome! Hats off to you sir! I wish I had a 6.7 so I could get one! :toast:

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score

I just like pipe bumpers. My last guage took out a car at 55 mph and I drove home........... All it did was lean back a little.

Latest posts

Members online