Supercharged 7.3

superpsd

Reaction score
I agree. I am leaning toward injector issues. They have unknown miles. Weather is improving so I will roll with it for now. Also our winters have not been getting any colder than recently the last couple of years. I have been collecting Alliant and or Navistar new large B code split shots when they are found at a good price to duplicate these injectors with New sticks and possibly flow them or build a bench. Even starting with New injectors and duplicating these sticks would be better than starting with cores that had broken nozzles and not even touching the oil sides. On the good side of things when they are running good they run very well better fuel pressure and a better turbo isn't going to hurt as well. I may even tear down my AAs to build and try hybrids some other day down the road. Overall I am suprised these injectors run as well as they do while it's more luck than doing it right. I do want to build a bench but there is quite a bit involved and even building one isn't going to be cheap. Motor, pumps, lines, machining, materials and all that time and labor is quite a bit to build your own bench and then to setup all the electronics to fire the injectors correctly.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Ordered up a 369sxe and a 1.0 housing. I am looking at all the mounts available. I may have to build my own. I am using the rear lifting hook as a bracket support for the blower plate. Most of the kits need the hook removed for DP clearance. I am also keeping the mechanical pump. So I need to drain it to the pedestal drain on the block. I may need to fabricate my own mount as much as I rather just buy one. My stock level luk clutch is coming apart so I also need to start shopping for a better clutch.

superpsd

Reaction score
Kind of leaning towards Valair. Trying to decide between the organic single 400/900 level clutch or the ceramic 600/1100 level clutch. May need to give them a call.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Kind of leaning towards Valair. Trying to decide between the organic single 400/900 level clutch or the ceramic 600/1100 level clutch. May need to give them a call.

I have a val air ceramic clutch with 2k on it if your interested pm me.

Flywheel and all.

Id get the higher rated one. If you start making use of fuel 400hp ain't ****. You might be there already.

Here ya go...found one

superpsd

Reaction score
I haven't installed a electric fuel pump yet so I am probably not past that level but hope to be as soon as I get the fuel pump setup and the S369 installed.

superpsd

Reaction score
Well I have broke in the Valair Full Ceramic single disc. The idle roll over is rackety but overall it's a good clutch for the money. It's a little aggressive but I got use to it. Still need to build a T4 adapter to mount the S369. I have the flanges and gear I just need to find some downtime for the rig. I dialed in the tuning more over the last couple of months. It's now smoke free unless you rail on it too hard while lugging it and even then the smoke is not too excessive. 95% of the adjustments have just been refining the PW. I have a full set of a mix of International rebuilt and Alliant injectors to replace the worn out poppet valve issues.

I tore down a BD code injector to compare the internals to the large split shots. As you can see the shorter single shot BD barrel on the left and taller split shot barrel on the right.
IMAG2319_1_zpsiysjglcg.jpg

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
No more cold start injector issues. Two of the injectors had less than .001 armature clearance. They would not fire off when oil was cold. They are not perfect but they buzz test fine now and fires right up. I also installed a 5" Sky RSK with skyjacker drop pivots and sky 2" hangers and 1" shakle for the rear.
IMAG2567_1_zpssdwqn1rh.jpg

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
I have had no downtime long enough to fabricate a T4 mount for my 369 so I decided to just buy one. I will still have to modifiy my down pipe and I should have this S369sxe spinning soon.
IMAG2687_1_zpsbz3t2zht.jpg

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Almost done with the install. Still need to modify the spider. Later I will upgrade to larger plenums. Also modify the down pipe and a few other small things.
IMAG2755_1_zpsoayz1gj2.jpg

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Picked up the GoPro Hero5 black this morning so I tested it out with the first fire off of the S369. Just need to modify the down pipe, modify spider, and clearance a few small things. Just testing the mount for leaks.
https://youtu.be/L7OqtHztCAs

superpsd

Reaction score
Yes I am.
I finished modification to rear lifting hook to allow clearance for a down pipe. I am in the process of removing down pipe to be cut up and modified. Still have to modify intake spider to compressor outlet. Also connect compressor inlet to existing feed pipe from intercooler. And a small diesel leak that is likely the mechanical pump or copper washer not sure yet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.