sureflow injection

under pressure

Reaction score
From the graphs provided, keep in mind i wish to use my healthy stock 17* pump.
Would i not benefit more from the 200% nozzle as PW would be shorter to extract the same amount of fuel as shown from the 100% nozzle. This intern keeps icp up.... Correct ?

I dont need to crack 500hp, 450ish would be a nice DD imo.

I also just read a 30+ page thread on FDP on sureflows. Thats alot of info !

Reaction score
Quick clarification 7:1 is an A-code, 6:1 is a B-code, 5:1 is a hybrid.

Just because an injector has a lower injection ratio doesn't mean it will have a lower injection pressure under certain injection conditions. As ICP increases and the injection speed increases - you get a drop in oil pressure due to flow through the poppet of the injector - this pressure drop can be high enough that the lower injection ratio injector with its lower oil volume (and consequently flow) requirements can get a higher oil pressure to the intensifier.

If all else is equal on a pair of injectors except for the injection ratio - if you take the ICP high enough - you will get more actual fuel injection pressure at the tip on the lower injection ratio injector. Under low ICP conditions the higher injection ratio injector will have the higher injection pressure.

Hope that makes sense... lol

Yes, I am not an expert lol. I had the classifications wrong between b-code and hybrids.

And yes by raising the icp on a lower ratio plunger you overcome the lower nozzle pressure while using less oil volume. And yes due to the shear amount of oil volume that a 7:1 injector uses it will have the pressure drop across the poppet and slower injection events will occur which will invariably lead to possible lower tip pressure.

All things alike in a perfect world the ratio will coincide with different relative nozzle pressures given that each was compared with the same icp, nozzle size and pulsewidth.

BTW, I don't care for building HEUI injectors. I do it because I have too! Common rail injectors are so much easier on my brain and balding head!

Lol but its like everything on powerstrokes, if it was easy everyone would do it.

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
From the graphs provided, keep in mind i wish to use my healthy stock 17* pump.
Would i not benefit more from the 200% nozzle as PW would be shorter to extract the same amount of fuel as shown from the 100% nozzle. This intern keeps icp up.... Correct ?

I dont need to crack 500hp, 450ish would be a nice DD imo.

I also just read a 30+ page thread on FDP on sureflows. Thats alot of info !

If you do not plan or want to upgrade your factory hpop I highly recommend a standard hybrid 200cc injector.

An AD injector can use as much as 1326 mm3 of hpo per injection. This is why you can have low ICP with just a hot tune.
A 200cc hybrid 1045 mm3. I have never witnessed a low ICP issue with these injectors(with a healthy pump).

See where the benefit comes from?

A 200cc A code injector(non-hybrid) would require 1470 mm3. Even more than a stock AD. Requiring an HPOP upgrade.

And (by my calculations) these SURE FLOWS approx 1270 mm3, just slightly less than factory AD's.

Also a larger nozzle will tax the hpop more than smaller nozzles. The smaller nozzle can slow down the injection event over a larger nozzle.

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
Good info, however im not getting why a larger nozzle would tax the hpop,
as PW goes down using a 200% nozzle and consume less oil per injection cycle while using less pressure to empty the injector. Is this not accurate ?

Where does 1270 mm3 come from ? is that with the 200/200, if so what would 200/100 be !
does PW not matter in this equation ?

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
A larger nozzle is less restriction, when the restriction is less you have to have more flow or volume to maintain the same pressure

Wackerjr

Reaction score
DP TUNER is tuning mine......

Personally I would call Micheal Farmer about his injectors, and get info direct from the horses mouth.... not assumed info from a competitor.... but thats just me.... no offense....

fwiw I tow a 17,000 lb trailer, no issues....need more turbo :)

under pressure

Reaction score
Im just listening to all the info. Hoping for some more tests graphs to be posted !

Ive been looking for hp #s from folks with sure flows. Maybe i just havent stumbled across a good thread yet,
So far i havent found a 200/100 crack 400 hp, ive seen 370s on two different forums and a 340 from a 200/stock nozzle.
Maybe its still to early in tuning ?

What have you made with sureflows ?

Last edited:

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Last year at the Spokane Charity Dyno event I made a little over 400 hp on horrible tuning that did not spool my H2E the greatest without a boost fooler which restricted my boost. It was 413 hp, I wish I still had my graph but I'll be dynoing again this year with a HFSB most likely.

Hope that helps on hp #'s

under pressure

Reaction score
Thats better ! Given the tuning, think ill build a little list of sureflow dyno numbers.

Sure flow sizes to power rating ive pulled from a couple of forums.
200/stock nozzle 340hp
200/100 374hp
200/100 379hp
225/100 413hp

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thats better ! Given the tuning, think ill build a little list of sureflow dyno numbers.

Sure flow sizes to power rating ive pulled from a couple of forums.
200/stock nozzle 340hp
200/100 374hp
200/100 379hp
225/100 413hp

Wish I would have dyno'd the set of 200/100 we had in Curtis' truck. I know for a fact that was a 500hp truck as my 6.4 struggled when lining up with it.

No numbers to prove that though as we have since gone much larger.

Cory S

Reaction score
DP TUNER is tuning mine......

Personally I would call Micheal Farmer about his injectors, and get info direct from the horses mouth.... not assumed info from a competitor.... but thats just me.... no offense....

fwiw I tow a 17,000 lb trailer, no issues....need more turbo :)

are you not working for DP tuner anymore?

powerSmokin

Reaction score
My buddy Andrew also made 475 on 200/100 sureflows with pretty dialed tuning equipped with a 38r turbo at the same dyno event. He is also on 40" tires so I thought that was pretty impressive. He had a high of 530hp but we think that may have been a fluke.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Good info, however im not getting why a larger nozzle would tax the hpop,
as PW goes down using a 200% nozzle and consume less oil per injection cycle while using less pressure to empty the injector. Is this not accurate ?

Where does 1270 mm3 come from ? is that with the 200/200, if so what would 200/100 be !
does PW not matter in this equation ?

I would love to help explain some more, but i dont want to ASSUME any more info. There is only so many ways to equal a 6:1 ratio on these injectors.

I guess we all just assume 2+2 must equal 4

People that have been around these forums for a while know that the rare times i do post is to help educate consumers in the world of HEUI injectors.

This is the biggest reason i rarely post anymore.

No matter who's injectors you buy, it has been proven a hundred times over that even 230cc of fuel with nearly any nozzle can do over 500hp. That should be all the info you need here.

Good day all.

under pressure

Reaction score
Copy that Tim. Thanks for the info given.

Gettin better

Sure flow sizes to power rating ive pulled from a couple of forums
200/000 340hp
200/100 374hp
200/100 379hp
200/100 400hp
225/100 413hp
200/100 475hp

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Ya, wish you could have.. Who was the tuner ?

Mike himself help us dial in the tuning decently.... It was far from perfect and TONS of left over fuel as the motor was on its way out.

When the motor was pulled to be rebuilt we decided on a 400cc injector and just went with a standard farmers built Hybrid.

Latest posts

Members online