Swamps 7.3 common rail

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah it was an 8.2l. It ought to be pretty sick! I'm thinking with it stroked like that compression will be insane so torque numbers should sky rocket. In my mind anyway. But my mind isn't normal so I don't know. LOL

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
They're 6.4 strokers. 450 and 500 cu.in. if I remember right. Those are gonna be cool.

So common rail a 7.3 or stroke a 6.4 and ya end up with about the same size and same fueling system. Either way its gonna be awesome

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I still wanna see a mechanical 7.3 on the strip. There are so many options to put the 7.3 at the top but there aren't any doing it yet. At the beginning of the year everybody says, "This is the year the 7.3 makes a come back". But it's always the same. I'm ready to make it happen.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
There is already a 7.3l common rail engine out and running that elite made...

Its called a stroked 6.4L engine..... :D They stroked the 6.4 to a 7.3.

Viking

Reaction score
I still wanna see a mechanical 7.3 on the strip. There are so many options to put the 7.3 at the top but there aren't any doing it yet. At the beginning of the year everybody says, "This is the year the 7.3 makes a come back". But it's always the same. I'm ready to make it happen.

Yea why haven't we seen a mech on the strip? I never brought it up due to not wanting to look dumb.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
It's goin in Scott B's truck.

It has a big swamps decal on the side though.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
i believe i read this motor was goin in one of the Swamps race truck ?

Its going into Scotty's race truck.

Oh - and I'm not sure why you guys think this will be a rude awakening for the Cummin's crowd to have a CR 7.3 on the pulling track. All the technology in a CR 7.3 is already available to the Cummin's crowd. Right now a CR Cummins pulling motor is about 1300hp at the flywheel for the 2.6 class. (give or take a little bit ;) ) - they have tons of programming and tunning options available now too... the Bosch Standalone computer, the Zeus aftermarket computer, EFI-Live, the new Smarty tuning software, and others. Some of the options like the Zeus are true aftermarket pieces with some very high powered injector driver circuits as well as very flexible tuning parameters - and if you need a parameter to do something a certain way - it can be added (although admittedly that takes a while sometimes....).

CR 7.3s are cool - they will be just as much of an attention getter as the mechanical 7.3s - but I am not sure that they will just come out of the gate and dominate and leave the competition scratching their heads..... they do however have every opportunity to put the 7.3 on a level playing field when it comes to horsepower capabilities. Just my 2 cents.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its going into Scotty's race truck.

Oh - and I'm not sure why you guys think this will be a rude awakening for the Cummin's crowd to have a CR 7.3 on the pulling track. All the technology in a CR 7.3 is already available to the Cummin's crowd. Right now a CR Cummins pulling motor is about 1300hp at the flywheel for the 2.6 class. (give or take a little bit ;) ) - they have tons of programming and tunning options available now too... the Bosch Standalone computer, the Zeus aftermarket computer, EFI-Live, the new Smarty tuning software, and others. Some of the options like the Zeus are true aftermarket pieces with some very high powered injector driver circuits as well as very flexible tuning parameters - and if you need a parameter to do something a certain way - it can be added (although admittedly that takes a while sometimes....).

CR 7.3s are cool - they will be just as much of an attention getter as the mechanical 7.3s - but I am not sure that they will just come out of the gate and dominate and leave the competition scratching their heads..... they do however have every opportunity to put the 7.3 on a level playing field when it comes to horsepower capabilities. Just my 2 cents.

well said...

ghohouston

Reaction score
i have wondered endlessly why international didnt decide to upgrade to common rail much sooner? i mean cr technology was out when the 7.3 was still around. dont get me wrong, i love my 7.3 to death, but common rail is obviously exponentially better technology. where would we be today if that would have happened?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, but you have to realize where their heads were at then. They were looking to make smaller motors with more power. International still doesnt have a cr version of the motor. As cool or.whatever as it is people move on. There is already cr technology on a international diesel, the 6.4.

I get what you're saying but its basically pondering the intricacies of the universe.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yea, but you have to realize where their heads were at then. They were looking to make smaller motors with more power. International still doesnt have a cr version of the motor. As cool or.whatever as it is people move on. There is already cr technology on a international diesel, the 6.4.

I get what you're saying but its basically pondering the intricacies of the universe.

yeah you're right, and international has more cr engines than the 6.4, they have a few medium duty cr inline 6 engines

pontiacross

Reaction score
i have wondered endlessly why international didnt decide to upgrade to common rail much sooner? i mean cr technology was out when the 7.3 was still around. dont get me wrong, i love my 7.3 to death, but common rail is obviously exponentially better technology. where would we be today if that would have happened?

international is in the business of making work engines not race engines and while the common rail fuel system is pretty awesome heui still is good for a few reasons. with the exception of some icp leaks on the newer engines and the 6.0 injectors.... the heui system still seems to be more reliable for daily use. I can't say I have ever seen a heui injector melt a piston due to over fueling . they wont run if there are oil pressure issues. and they are safer to work on because the only place with super high pressure is inside the engine. and I'm sure there are a few other reasons

but this is just my opinion and due to emissions standards I'd say the heui systems days are numbered

Latest posts

Members online