Swapping in a 6.4L?

1baddually

Reaction score
if we here at fcdp can stick a 6.4 into a 97' f150 with no firewall modification then an obs should not be a problem. just need to fabricate some engine mounts. and yes you need the entire truck wiring harness. we even put the 08 superduty dash into the f150. a little modification and fit right in. transmission will shift without the abs module but speedo will not work. if you want any more advise or have questions please call the shop. 904-860-8855. we can get you in the right direction.

Viking

Reaction score
if we here at fcdp can stick a 6.4 into a 97' f150 with no firewall modification then an obs should not be a problem. just need to fabricate some engine mounts. and yes you need the entire truck wiring harness. we even put the 08 superduty dash into the f150. a little modification and fit right in. transmission will shift without the abs module but speedo will not work. if you want any more advise or have questions please call the shop. 904-860-8855. we can get you in the right direction.

I think you will be getting a few phone calls, Thanks!

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm just going off what Elite said on clearance issues. I know the obs is lighter then the super duty, but are the newer trucks heavier then the earlier super dutys? The reason I'm asking is if a guy wanted to use a 6.4 for a drag truck. Id be looking into putting it in something lighter to start with.

Viking

Reaction score
I'm just going off what Elite said on clearance issues. I know the obs is lighter then the super duty, but are the newer trucks heavier then the earlier super dutys? The reason I'm asking is if a guy wanted to use a 6.4 for a drag truck. Id be looking into putting it in something lighter to start with.

If I wanted a drag truck I would put it into an F-150. I'm hoping to put this in a short box reg cab SD.

SilverF250

Reaction score
I have a 03 6.0 that Im getting ready to put a 6.4 in it. I have the motor. I just got a quote for all the computer/ wiring. Also a dash and steering wheel assembly for $1500. Im going to keep my 6 speed in it for now. I will post u problems i run into along the way. Good luck with your build.

SilverF250

Reaction score
Is that not a good price? Is a shop that gets wrecked trucks and part them out. Im at work so ill have to check my numbers at home. He said he runs across them often around him. If i remember ill pm you his number when i get off.

Quaziemoto

Reaction score
I like this idea. I have a 97 F350 that i was thinking about putting a cummins 6.7 in it. But I love my 09 F250 6.4. So this would be a sick swap with a zf6.

Viking

Reaction score
I just found a COMPLETE 6.4 with transmission, meaning full swap on a pallet for 4200.

Viking

Reaction score
Haha good one, unfortunately I am still only looking at it on craigslist. It will be after my wedding when I buy one. I have the truck, 99 reg cab long srw, used to be a gasser. I can prep it for a swap in the mean time.

fifty

Reaction score
Love to know if anyone can find a salvaged 6.4 truck that I can use for my swap... Can't find anything out my way

Latest posts

Members online