Switching Tuners?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Liking my TW tunes so far. Only had them in the truck for a couple days, but hooked up the boss' goose-neck with a mini excavator today and pulled a few hills in the heavy tow tune. EGT's stayed down even with a slightly leaking up-pipe and my foot heavy on the go pedal. The street and extreme tunes are fun as well :rockon:.
Cary at CT (OBSWIZ on here) does TW burns with a 24hr turnaround and is the cheapest place I've found.
Thought about going with Matt from gearhead as I've heard he does great things, but went with TW instead. Either way you'll be happy.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
I love my DP tuner, beat money I've spent on the truck so far! Did you have any issues with the DP, or do you just like to switch things up?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I love my DP tuner, beat money I've spent on the truck so far! Did you have any issues with the DP, or do you just like to switch things up?

if you prefer your rods "inside" the block then i would look elsewhere..... just my .02$

PatriotHauling

Reaction score

Personally I had no problems so I cant talk bad about DP, but I heard too many "coincidences" and didnt want to chance it.

Is it really that common of an issue under 400-500hp?

Common? Not really.
Happen too often? Yeah.

See above.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm planning for 400+ and keepin it below 500.

Yeah no problem. DP-Tuner has thousands of happy customers that have been running the tunes for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Have you checked if you have PMR's or not yet?

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
Yeah no problem. DP-Tuner has thousands of happy customers that have been running the tunes for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Have you checked if you have PMR's or not yet?

Nope, definitely need to though, just so I can make sure. I do know it was built in early-mid 2000. But I do want to be certain of PMR's or forged. I don't trust "build dates". I don't have heated seats either, which I was told all the lariat 2001's came with...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Nope, definitely need to though, just so I can make sure. I do know it was built in early-mid 2000. But I do want to be certain of PMR's or forged. I don't trust "build dates". I don't have heated seats either, which I was told all the lariat 2001's came with...

Yeah, it is easy to find out. Actually, the OP of this thread made a video on how to do it.

It is hard to go by build dates because they seem to be unreliable on determining PMR or forged.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you dont trust build dates then pull the cover and look at the rods manually

DocBar

Reaction score
Gearhead is my tuner of choice. My truck drives like a stock one til I decide to mash the go pedal. Very little smoke, no idle issues, cruise control still works, etc.

I really like the fact that my truck's throttle response is like stock. A touchy throttle is a serious PITA on higher HP levels, especially when the road is wet from rain or snow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.