The Big 3 on one truck/Dyno

jwalk09

Reaction score
How many versions are there of the v8 tunes by pip? They just sent me the new ones last week. But I already had v8

V8 is the latest version. V8.02 was an earlier version which is the same. Only difference I know between them is the v8 tunes out the Vgt hiss at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higherlife

Reaction score
Anyone experience high ebp with the v8 pip? Mine spiked around 39 pulling out of my drive way and when accelerating from a dead stop. Boost was at 0 too.

20156point7

Reaction score
Anyone experience high ebp with the v8 pip? Mine spiked around 39 pulling out of my drive way and when accelerating from a dead stop. Boost was at 0 too.

Mine does the same thing. On lvl 4 I have some pretty bad injector rattle under moderate acceleration too.

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score

What level tune ?

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Neb,

I really appreciate you taking the time to get us this kind of data. I feel like there's so much favoritism about tunes on forums. This helps eliminate many variables when comparing tune data on different trucks. The only thing I could ask for would be for some PPEI data. I like to support local companies. So, I'd like to try out Kory's tunes. However, I'd like to see how they stack up to these others before pulling the trigger. Thanks again for the work.

jwalk09

Reaction score
What's normal back pressure numbers anyway for these trucks ?

Bullet 21

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see Korys tunes in comparison. On the duramax his tunes are a little more aggressive but they are awesome.

I hope to get mine loaded this weekend but it won't be a fair comparison.

Notneb

Reaction score
Neb,

I really appreciate you taking the time to get us this kind of data. I feel like there's so much favoritism about tunes on forums. This helps eliminate many variables when comparing tune data on different trucks. The only thing I could ask for would be for some PPEI data. I like to support local companies. So, I'd like to try out Kory's tunes. However, I'd like to see how they stack up to these others before pulling the trigger. Thanks again for the work.

If I didn't have to get a whole new tuning system I would absolutely compare PPEI against the other 3. Who knows maybe Kory will send me a trial unit, I'd be more than happy to dyno it on my truck and do some daily driving before sending the unit back, lol!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
If I didn't have to get a whole new tuning system I would absolutely compare PPEI against the other 3. Who knows maybe Kory will send me a trial unit, I'd be more than happy to dyno it on my truck and do some daily driving before sending the unit back, lol!

On your low HP truck!! Haha. Just kidding...

louisianashooter

Reaction score
Well maybe he'll see this and step up to the challenge! :) Kory has posted some numbers on FB. However, the owner had turbo upgrades and fuel delivery upgrades, which would skew the results.

On your low HP truck!! Haha. Just kidding...

The only other thing I could think of, other than what neb has listed, is that Jomax has a 2wd?? lol idk

Notneb

Reaction score
Lol right? Who knows maybe! Jomax has a 4wd too. I'm hoping an EGT probe adapter fixes my loss of power, but if not, I'm still happy. I care more about driveability than power, the HP comparison was more for a chance to see them side by side on a graph.

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score

Noticed my ebp does this also on level 2 but boost isn't on 0. Should it be a concern ?

Jomax

Reaction score
Well maybe he'll see this and step up to the challenge! :) Kory has posted some numbers on FB. However, the owner had turbo upgrades and fuel delivery upgrades, which would skew the results.

The only other thing I could think of, other than what neb has listed, is that Jomax has a 2wd?? lol idk

I pulled all my stickers for a low profile. I'm even going to add ecoboost emblems.

Jomax

Reaction score
To everyone asking about EBP, I've seen mine spike to 59psi.

jwalk09

Reaction score
To everyone asking about EBP, I've seen mine spike to 59psi.

Mine seems not to do it once the truck is warmed up good

higherlife

Reaction score
Noticed my ebp does this also on level 2 but boost isn't on 0. Should it be a concern ?

I switched back to spar10 tunes because I didn't feel comfortable daily driving yet alone towing with those numbers. EBP being high it's good for the engine. This is what I have found:
At increased back pressure levels, the engine has to compress the exhaust gases to a higher pressure which involves additional mechanical work and/or less energy extracted by the exhaust turbine which can affect intake manifold boost pressure. This can lead to an increase in fuel consumption, PM and CO emissions and exhaust temperature. The increased exhaust temperature can result in overheating of exhaust valves and the turbine. An increase in NOx emissions is also possible due to the increase of engine load.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.