The Militant 6.0

zshier17

Reaction score
I say leave the height where it's at, looks clean, not too tall, not too low. Plus you do live in Ohio. Every once in a hoo, there's gonna be 8 inches of snow you gotta get through. This aint Arizona lol.

Although i am from the farm, so i like my trucks tall, wide, and fat.

You thinking 190/75's now over the 205's?

militant83

Reaction score
Yeah I'm leaving it the height it is and removing the floor boards. AS for injectors still undecided but leaning more towards the 190/75s. I would be happy with the power they would produce.

Just have to figure out this minor issue that popped up doesn't look like its a tuning issue.. Looks like I make have sprung a leak in charging system somewhere. It all the sudden started making low boost with high egts.. we will get it ironed out though.. the damn pains of wanting to make power and go fast...lol:fustrate:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Might want to take the running boards off because your gonna have an issue without floorboards. But you can flintstone it when it breaks. Haha. And then when you pull those running boards send them my way. I'll put them to good use. Jk. :poke:

Good luck getting that leak ironed out. And we still need a video. Sounds like it's gonna be a beast with some new sticks in it. Good luck.

militant83

Reaction score
Might want to take the running boards off because your gonna have an issue without floorboards. But you can flintstone it when it breaks. Haha. And then when you pull those running boards send them my way. I'll put them to good use. Jk. :poke:

Good luck getting that leak ironed out. And we still need a video. Sounds like it's gonna be a beast with some new sticks in it. Good luck.

ehh you know I might be have to flintstone it before too long If I cant catch a break with it sometime soon. Just when you think you have things going good something else pops up so it might be floorboards coming out..lol.. but yes running boards is what I meant to say.

zshier17

Reaction score
Put 190/50's in just to be different lol. I wish i had the money, i would buy 190/75's and buy 190/50's and see what all the differences were. i feel like EGT's wouldn't really be noticeable and neither would power.

Still running stock Intercooler i'm assuming?

militant83

Reaction score
Nope Alradco Aluminum Intercooler..... I just got off the phone with Charlie at KC, great guy to talk to and deal with by the way... But I think I've ruled out tuning issues and leaks. After talking with Charlie now looking into a bad sensor. Going to make a video for Charlie to help troubleshoot tomorrow.

swinky

Reaction score
Put 190/50's in just to be different lol. I wish i had the money, i would buy 190/75's and buy 190/50's and see what all the differences were. i feel like EGT's wouldn't really be noticeable and neither would power.

Still running stock Intercooler i'm assuming?
You wouldn't notice anything.

swinky

Reaction score
ehh you know I might be have to flintstone it before too long If I cant catch a break with it sometime soon. Just when you think you have things going good something else pops up so it might be floorboards coming out..lol.. but yes running boards is what I meant to say.
I'd just do 225/75s.

swinky

Reaction score
Id like to go that big but i'm trying to stay away from going into a bigger HPOP and if what I've read in the past is correct 190s are as big as you should go without having to look at HPOP upgrades.
Just have some pulsewidth pulled then when your hpop chits the bed you buy a big one and get a full fuel tune. Not sure how that turbo will like 225ccs though.

zshier17

Reaction score
just have some pulsewidth pulled then when your hpop chits the bed you buy a big one and get a full fuel tune. Not sure how that turbo will like 225ccs though.

Lol, seems like too much work just to have 225's. i think the 190's would still give you ridiculous power. gotta be in the 600's with 190/75's and the stage 3. I don't think i would want much more unless i was building a race truck or going compounds or something.

swinky

Reaction score
Lol, seems like too much work just to have 225's. i think the 190's would still give you ridiculous power. gotta be in the 600's with 190/75's and the stage 3. I don't think i would want much more unless i was building a race truck or going compounds or something.
No more work than 190s.

zshier17

Reaction score
I just meant, that putting 225's in, even though they might be too big, and run the risk of ICP being too low. It could still be too low even with PW pulled. And 225's are probably a little big for the turbo anyways lol.

If i had the money, i would definitely get an Adrenaline or something, and i'll only be running 190/30's. Buuuut regardless i still wouldn't want 225's.

militant83

Reaction score
Took the running boards off today and added the new grille and 08 mirrors the other day. As for my issues ive been having I think my EBP is shot so a new one is on the way. I hope that solves the issue.

IMG_0307_zpsnwi7b79c.jpg

0c987c90-dd24-4e9f-a88b-4a36b8f408c1_zpszx8iijpg.jpg

militant83

Reaction score
Here are some not so good videos. Keep in mind I was unable to hit WOT due to not wanting to get a ticket in the city. The 2nd vid I tried the highway and ran into traffic too soon. Both vids are in town driving 50 MPH and below.

Prior to the EBP repair, was getting lots of turbo "bark" and blowing intercooler pipe off the turbo. The EBP sensor wouldnt even register on the first vid which is why there is no PID for it on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1L4KhIzHs0

After replacing the EBP Sensor, tube, and connector. EBP no registers readings and turbo "bark" went away. EGTs seem to be a bit lower now as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLN0iAwa--k

How do these numbers look?

militant83

Reaction score
Thanks, Im going to have the tuning tweaked slightly to bump the boost up a tad then we should be good. I'm glad i've got all of the other stuff worked out and now I can enjoy driving it and hit up some dirt drags this year.

Latest posts

Members online