the motor.....

HD F250

Reaction score
That sucks!!!

Sorry to hear about your motor. Keep us posted on what your failure was caused from. Glad u have another motor on standby.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the 3rd motor that's been in the truck. Not out of need, but because the motors were done and waiting for me when I got to elite to save time. This motor was out of tadds shop truck. It saw big fuel and nitrous so that may be where the failure originated. The motor had 5000 miles on it when I got it, and I've put 3k on it. It's pretty young, and pretty dead.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That sucks. Are you going to put ceramic coated pistons in the new one? Do you think that may have helped? Nice having spares on call.
Any more crazy Canadians giving away their drive train like what Shane ran across? LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah she had the $hit kicked out of her everyday i drove her. did burnouts at least once a day. anybody that knows me, knows i love burnouts. i truly dont think the piston failure came from that, i actually think it had a hurt piston when the motor went in.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So did a ring land break or did thew piston crack or...?

no idea jd. it hasnt been tore apart yet, but from my uneducated guess..a piston has evacuated the premises, based on the violent let go and the instant failure.

Latest posts

Members online