the motor.....

Charles

Reaction score
thanks dear. ive heard of cracking at the lands on stock motors that have seen no tuning whatsoever. we'll see, but i will be ***king pissed if the heads are cracked.

So the lands are a little weak, or the factory program is spiking the CP's?

If it's a land then it could have easily been fractured long ago if it got hit with lots of spray before you got it.

And I wouldn't be shocked if the heads were cracked. I'd be shocked if they weren't...

But.... don't let that stop you from slapping them right back on. Doesn't stop me anymore, lol.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Mike sucks to hear about the motor but at least you have a back up and it did die a good death with the 100 yard burnout.

After reading the link 08stroker put up you werent neutral bombing it were you :poke:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like it may have been the high pressure turbo. I'm not too sure why the motor would run so poorly but Tadd said when Brian garey blew his it blocked exhaust flow and motor ran like $hit. Hopefully that is all and it's just a turbo.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Looks like it may have been the high pressure turbo. I'm not too sure why the motor would run so poorly but Tadd said when Brian garey blew his it blocked exhaust flow and motor ran like $hit. Hopefully that is all and it's just a turbo.

Man that would be great news.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I still don't buy it. I can't imagine why I would have 3 cylinders showing contribution codes and one showing a misfire code. They're doing a leakdown test now. Guess that will tell the tale.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I still don't buy it. I can't imagine why I would have 3 cylinders showing contribution codes and one showing a misfire code. They're doing a leakdown test now. Guess that will tell the tale.

Hopefully its not both... It woud be a bummer if backpressure got high enough to crack a piston or something

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So it was number 8 piston broken in half and high pressure turbo. Both are wasted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.