The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Only Tons

Reaction score
What are your plans for driveshafts? Custom? Chop up some Ford shafts? I think I have read that the cv on the dodge shaft for their 271/3's has a higher angle of operation.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
What are your plans for driveshafts? Custom? Chop up some Ford shafts? I think I have read that the cv on the dodge shaft for their 271/3's has a higher angle of operation.

1350 front shaft with a flange mount CV at the Tcase and a 1480 rear shaft with a flange mount CV at the Tcase.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Cleaning shop ended up being priority - but some work got done too!

Getting prepped to setup the ARB air locker:

PSC Hydro assist ram, sway bar link, track bar mount, new coil over mounts, all on the axle:

Slowly and steadily getting there.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I agree. Those headers were built by Rick of Profab back when he was at Midwest. I dunno how much i like the rear cylinder port runners on the cast manifolds...

I understand what you are saying - but if you get down into the manifold and look all the runners turn the flow as it enters the "log" so its now where near what the outside looks like.

Did that spreader do the job?

No..... Spreader modifications are taking place..... I hate it when brand new tools don't live up to the hype. I should have just built one to begin with.

That a 1.5" ram?

I need to measure it - but I think so....

I'm absolutely drooling over here

I'm salivating because I have got to see this accumulation of parts and its slow progress every day and I STILL don't get to drive it yet.... It needs to move under its own power again.

Thanks - those links help a bit.... now I need to go home and look at it again.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Thanks to Bryan and Ray finding the courage to man up last night and help me with my beyond sketchy housing spreader setup on the front axle - the air locker is now in place and shimmed correctly. I bought a new housing spreader for the job and it was suppose to be able to do up to a Dana 80 axle.... it couldn't even properly and safely spread this Dana 60..... add in some rednecks and some frustration - the housing spreader, combined with a porta power and some big brass balls got everything dropped down into the housing. No photographic evidence was taken so I didn't have to add in the disclaimer "Don't try this at home kids". A new housing spreader is on my design and construction list for the next project.

One step forward, two steps back. The pitman arm did not ship for whatever reason, the new diff cover is missing all its hardware and dipstick right out of the box, axle seals I bought are wrong, issues with the tcase clocking ring.

It is however getting closer to completion. LOL

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Thanks to Bryan and Ray finding the courage to man up last night and help me with my beyond sketchy housing spreader setup on the front axle - the air locker is now in place and shimmed correctly. I bought a new housing spreader for the job and it was suppose to be able to do up to a Dana 80 axle.... it couldn't even properly and safely spread this Dana 60..... add in some rednecks and some frustration - the housing spreader, combined with a porta power and some big brass balls got everything dropped down into the housing. No photographic evidence was taken so I didn't have to add in the disclaimer "Don't try this at home kids". A new housing spreader is on my design and construction list for the next project.

One step forward, two steps back. The pitman arm did not ship for whatever reason, the new diff cover is missing all its hardware and dipstick right out of the box, axle seals I bought are wrong, issues with the tcase clocking ring.

It is however getting closer to completion. LOL

Glad you got it spread apart. did you have to take that bearing off in the end or were you able to put the shims on without taking it off.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Glad you got it spread apart. did you have to take that bearing off in the end or were you able to put the shims on without taking it off.

This was my first ARB install - instead of putting the shims between the bearings and the carrier - ARB had special shims that go between the bearing and the axle housing. Put the bearings on and shim away. It just caught me a bit off guard from what I was use to.

I'll get some pics of the whole setup later tonight or tomorrow.

Side question: how did the trans install go?

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
This was my first ARB install - instead of putting the shims between the bearings and the carrier - ARB had special shims that go between the bearing and the axle housing. Put the bearings on and shim away. It just caught me a bit off guard from what I was use to.

I'll get some pics of the whole setup later tonight or tomorrow.

Side question: how did the trans install go?

So far we have the transmission mounted up in the truck, cross member is in the truck as well. I am picking up alot of loc-tite and some RTV this week to mate the transfer case back up. Ran into an issue with my carrier bearing so we ended up cutting it off, so i left my drive shaft with my buddy who got one put on yesterday so that will be ready to put back up. It is basically just the little tedious stuff that is left, mount t-case, hook up wire's, hook up drive shaft's, torque converter bolts, and fill it with fluid. I am going home this weekend to finish it so it should be done either Friday night or Saturday, I'm really shooting for Friday so I can have the weekend to put some miles on it before I have to drive it back to school.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So far we have the transmission mounted up in the truck, cross member is in the truck as well. I am picking up alot of loc-tite and some RTV this week to mate the transfer case back up. Ran into an issue with my carrier bearing so we ended up cutting it off, so i left my drive shaft with my buddy who got one put on yesterday so that will be ready to put back up. It is basically just the little tedious stuff that is left, mount t-case, hook up wire's, hook up drive shaft's, torque converter bolts, and fill it with fluid. I am going home this weekend to finish it so it should be done either Friday night or Saturday, I'm really shooting for Friday so I can have the weekend to put some miles on it before I have to drive it back to school.

Nice.

the whole build is pretty cool

Thanks! I figured there was enough Ford on it that it belonged here. LOL

NiceJason.

Lots of work being done to that thing.

Thanks Marty - lots being done, lots more in planning phases. It's going to be way over the top compared to the truck you and the Maryland crew were riding in at Scheid's a few years ago.

Latest posts

Members online