Thinking bout a stage 1 cam.

swinky

Reaction score
Nope..

I sell 6.0 Pushrods for 6.0 trucks

I sell 6.4 Pushrods for 6.4 trucks

Cool man, Me and Dorian are doing everything again so we'll be going through you for everything.

Do you see any problem with doing a cam, lifters, springs and push rods to a high mileage engine? I feel like I rarely see any lower end or piston issues with 6.0s around 600hp. Even if it did spin a rod bearing or something it's not like I couldn't re use the cam and all that stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
In my opinion if your gonna do it do it all. Cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, and springs. At that point the whole valve train will be new and you shouldnt have anything to worry about. Thats just my thinking.
Most high mileage 6.0's that I see in our shop loose a lifter or have a rocker arm failure at that amount of miles, granted those are clapped out work trucks.

ford rules

Reaction score
You may also wanna take into consideration PTV clearance. Jared at RCD advised me to do reliefs if i went with a cam since i had to have the heads milled to.

swinky

Reaction score
You may also wanna take into consideration PTV clearance. Jared at RCD advised me to do reliefs if i went with a cam since i had to have the heads milled to.

I'ts never ending. I'm sick of this schit.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'ts never ending. I'm sick of this schit.

Its better safe than sorry.. first time you pull your fresh motor apart with bent valves because your machinist didnt properly recess the valves you'll be sorry you didnt.

.060 is safe enough. no worries, be happy!

swinky

Reaction score
Its better safe than sorry.. first time you pull your fresh motor apart with bent valves because your machinist didnt properly recess the valves you'll be sorry you didnt.

.060 is safe enough. no worries, be happy!

I was thinking cuts in the pistons lol I'm a little slow sometimes.

borsky

Reaction score
I hope to have mine running with the stg 1 cam by the end of the weekend, ill et you know how I like it. But like others there will be many other mods done at the same time...

TooMuch03

Reaction score
.060 valve reliefs for a stage 1 cam? So we're giving up almost a full point of compression just in case the machinist doesn't know how to do their job correctly?

Latest posts

Members online