Time for a new hpop thread

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep. Its time again. As redundant as you may think it is, its an evolving market.

I have a 17deg pump on my truck right now. My t500 never got any testing time. It was bolted on, moved the truck, took it off to help a friend out. He has paid me for it. Its his.

Id buy another one but im not sure it'll hold icp with 250/200s.

What is everyone running out there? Mainly in trucks that are using a bit of oil. 175 a codes, hybrids, etc. Obviously a stock truck isnt really a big deal but if you had a low icp code and swapped pumps fixing the issue, post up.

Just trying to get a working list of what's currently out there.

Ive only used a t500 briefly and an srp 1.1 along with a few stock pumps.

I would like to find something that will work for me even with higher pw tunes and be done with it.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I ran a adrenaline with 250/100 and have a buddy that is running 250/200 with the same pump and I can honestly say that he needs more oil. I went from an adrenaline to a gen3 with 300/200. It was a whole new animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Adrenaline is proven.... HBjr is relatively new.....and T500 are about the only ones I'd try Ty. I have stock sticks, but my T500 has been great so far.

dsberman94

Reaction score
T500 seems to be holding my 175/80s just fine hold pressure without maxing ipr%. Builds up to 3200 that I've seen and holds it there. Haven't actually gone WOT yet due to lack of fuel. I'll have to actually watch it tomorrow.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Adrenaline with 180/80's here for close to 65k miles with no issues. Holds target max pressures and never goes over 40-41% IPR duty.

thuglike

Reaction score
Who's injectors and who's tuning?

I'd love to sell you a pump but our Sr. isn't ready and the Jr. is at it's outer limits with the 250/200's..would it work..yeah. Would it
work as well as say, Termy Twins.....NO.

I ran 250/200's and Termy twins..... they would hold anything I wanted it to. If your staying that big, injector wise, the twins are your
way to go. They were easy to tune (a few tweeks needed) and smooth. They also provide a foundation if you were to go bigger.

Thuglike NOT "thuglike@dynoproven" typed this....:)

Sometime great advise is better than a good sale...... good luck

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We use Adrenaline's weekly with awesome results.

Will out perform your stock 17* and last forever. May not hold a max PW tune with those injectors but you can dial it back until it does hold perfect and have an ultra reliable setup.

bluedge8

Reaction score
At some point don't you just get tired of who's better? If your not going to go bigger with sticks pick one of the above, if your going bigger, you need big oil.

TyCorr

Reaction score
At some point don't you just get tired of who's better? If your not going to go bigger with sticks pick one of the above, if your going bigger, you need big oil.

Huh? Im not sure what you mean. Nor am I sure who its directed at.

I have a stock 17 in there because I need something to start it and move it around. I dont drive my 00 anymore. If I was going to use it for any daily type driving, it needs more oil. There is no point in running a 200% nozzled injector with a stock pump. Other people read this. Its not JUUUUUST about my setup. Its a "whats out there thread".

I have PIS 250/200s thuggy. Php tuning right now.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
In my opinion twin pumps take up to much room in the valley. A gen3 will hold whatever size injector you want and is simple to install

TyCorr

Reaction score
In my opinion twin pumps take up to much room in the valley. A gen3 will hold whatever size injector you want and is simple to install

Im not opposed. Just wondered if there was any single, stock appearing pumps that would work.

You have any tuning issues with yours?

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
My pump is homemade not from swamps and I installed it and haven't noticed the rough idle and first crank up or the truck cutting off after a hard pull. I have been very pleased with it

bruce

Reaction score
I thought you wanted a clean 500hp truck? At that hp with those injectors the pw should be pretty short. I'd pick 1 of the 3 you mentioned and charlie mike

TyCorr

Reaction score
I thought you wanted a clean 500hp truck? At that hp with those injectors the pw should be pretty short. I'd pick 1 of the 3 you mentioned and charlie mike

True. Plans dont always work out that way. My goal is to have a clean running truck. I think with something that is capable of 3k+ icp indefinite 500 is a naive goal. Not only that but I find as was the case with the t500, 3100psi (limited by tuning) was fairly doable in low pw tunes and empty. Even 6k lbs of trailer behind the truck, this quickly went caput. It would get up to 2800psi and then kinda hang there. Egts would creep up.

I shudder to bring this up just because it always draws attention, but the srp1.1 shined here. Loaded down, in a race tune, low rpm situation that lugs the truck a bit it would start belching hellfire amounts of icp and there were no icp,power, or fueling issues. But as maaany found, this was only doable for abput 3k miles. Water under the bridge.

To the original intent for the thread this isnt just about my mods.

I think a grocery getter truck can probably get away with less pump than one that tows and sees non-flat terrain.

So far my understanding is no single, stock cased pump will maintain icp with a 200% nozzled hybrid.

Im talking to a vendor right now about a single to beta test but im truly interested in options now.

So far it seems the termie twin and gen3 are whats there for 200% nozzle guys who dont want scaled back icp values.

mandkole

Reaction score
Yeah, you're kinda stuck until there is a legit stock case pump unless you gen 3 it.

However, while towing this last trip I was running more sustained load than I ever had and but rarely went deep into the ICP. Surprised by this. I have no trouble seeing 31-3200 in the tow file ( maxes at about 2.9-3.0ms), but never used it. There may have been transient loads that briefly commanded more, but normally it commanded 27-2800 because I was never flatfooted.

With the 200s, Id think you'll want a very responsive pressure ramp to get the pressure high and early.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Huh? Im not sure what you mean. Nor am I sure who its directed at.

I have a stock 17 in there because I need something to start it and move it around. I dont drive my 00 anymore. If I was going to use it for any daily type driving, it needs more oil. There is no point in running a 200% nozzled injector with a stock pump. Other people read this. Its not JUUUUUST about my setup. Its a "whats out there thread".

I have PIS 250/200s thuggy. Php tuning right now.

I was kind of answering your question the way you do, short and to the point, with a hint of blunt. But I also seem to have seen this topic come up pretty often. Wasn't trying to piss you off, I was just kind of in that mood when I responded, but I just got out of surgery an hour ago so maybe this post is as screwed up, lol

Latest posts

Members online