Time for a new hpop thread

TyCorr

Reaction score
It literally offered no information. You hinted if I went bigger Id need a bigger pump. The entire premise of the thread was established that i had a 17 on there as it was laying in my garage. I never said a stock pump was enough. Will it run the truck? Yes. Will it make, lets say over 500 hp? Hell yea. Will it hold icp in 75% of the situations where im cleaning the back of the throttle with the carpet? Ummm, ***k no.

Anyway...i understand the style of the post but tossing a smidgen of info in helps.

It appears that Im relegated to termies, a gen 3, or trying this new pump out. The details will determine if I do that.

Bair

Reaction score
In the last 5 years since these more affordable medium oil single pumps have been developed. You can have a pump that will sustain icp with decent sized injectors and most people feel that the pump is good enough because it holds the desired icp. But I've been wondering, what about how fast it builds icp? Seems to me, you can't beat the driveability of a dual pump setup. I ran stealth duals on my 275/100 setup. Most people would have run a bigger single pump with that and said it works great, but I really believe that I had superior driveability because I could build whatever icp was called for at a lower rpm and build it quicker.

Jomax

Reaction score
I had the T500 on the dually. Loved it. I've also ran an Adrenaline. The T500 did better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes, ideally all the hpo in the world is ideal. And it may still be the only real solution without scaling icp back to 2800 to keep the medium duty pumps in their efficient range.

Jomax

Reaction score
In conjunction with what?

Well, I had psi readings of the T500 when the dually had stock injectors.

I worked on my uncles truck, stock injectors, needed a new hpop. I had a hpop from Joey, the modded 17 which was smaller and made before the T500. Had 20k miles on the pump.

I threw it in for him and the psi went higher, but I wanted to see more. Still wasn't up to par as the T500.

Bought an Adrenaline and then put that in.

Psi was barely any better then the Modded 17 and it was lower than the T500 on my dually was with stock injectors.

I'm positive a T500 would've worked better if I would've put one in.

In the end, they're still close in performance. I just honestly think the T500 out edges it.

Arisley

Reaction score
I have 250\200's. I have an Adrenaline on mine. It was one of the original testers. In my hottest tune, it holds 3200 just fine. Can't remember PW numbers, but they were a little high, not real high. I would think that would be expected though. When I say it hold 3200 on high tune, I mean on the highway, running WOT to 4000 RPM's.

Of course, this was a closed highway in Mexico.

I would expect the T500 or HBJr would do well also, they know what they are doing. However, you asked for real life experience, not guess work.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well, I had psi readings of the T500 when the dually had stock injectors.

I worked on my uncles truck, stock injectors, needed a new hpop. I had a hpop from Joey, the modded 17 which was smaller and made before the T500. Had 20k miles on the pump.

I threw it in for him and the psi went higher, but I wanted to see more. Still wasn't up to par as the T500.

Bought an Adrenaline and then put that in.

Psi was barely any better then the Modded 17 and it was lower than the T500 on my dually was with stock injectors.

I'm positive a T500 would've worked better if I would've put one in.

In the end, they're still close in performance. I just honestly think the T500 out edges it.

There is a lot of assuming in this post. Testing between two different trucks can yield very deceiving results.

1. What condition are the injectors and their o-rings in
2. what condition is the oil in
3. what oil is being used
4. who is tuning the truck and what are they demanding out of the pump

I believe all of the options currently surviving in the HPOP game are quality. We watched a certain company attempt something and fail miserably. The ones that stayed conservative are still selling hundreds of pumps a year and they all have great track records. Obviously the HBjr is new, but I would say it has already proven itself to be reliable.

You've got three options and they will all meet the same goal. If they aren't enough, buy dual pumps.

We sell the Adrenaline because of our working relationship with DieselSite and the service/quality they provide. Their attention to the small things like packaging, shipping, whats included in a kit, cleanliness of parts, ect.... Not to mention the pump is badass as well.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So far, as this thread was started for information, we have the t500, the adrenaline, and the hbjr for "medium" oil.

If you need more volume termies or gen 3 is the answer.

On a different note, i wouldnt expect a lot of advances at this point. I simply wanted an up to the minute rundown of what is out there.

gwunter

Reaction score
Whatever happened to guy that had some secret squirrel hpop stuff going on, but couldnt even show us any scat from said squirrel to prove it existed??

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Have any flow #'s been released for any of the medium oil pumps since the 2011 thread on the subject? Just curious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.