To stack, or not to stack??

Kind

Reaction score
I don't complain about the half naked girls y'all can deal with socks shoved in men's drawers, lol.

Sent from my mind using ESP.

I don't think I understand what you are talking about...

http://acidcow.com/pics/20110526/tits_03.jpg

In here case... Stacked. And the noise or droning is only as loud as you can motorboat. Might be more of a reverberating echo sound, depending where in the map you are.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Love the sound and look of my center dump, no problem with soot on the tail gate like some have said.

017.jpg

007-1.jpg

016.jpg

SevenThree

Reaction score
I don't think I understand what you are talking about...

http://acidcow.com/pics/20110526/tits_03.jpg

In here case... Stacked. And the noise or droning is only as loud as you can motorboat. Might be more of a reverberating echo sound, depending where in the map you are.

Dear Lord those are some big............miter cuts.

BK39

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the stack. I vote center dump. Granted the ol 7.3 didn't smoke like the 6.4 does, but it never got the boat dirty. 2-3 hour trips, no black soot on the white boat.
SDC11347.jpg

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I think he means because it turns the front of your trailer, or anything high enough to catch soot, black.

Not an issue for me. I have put at least 4-5k on my enclosed without cleaning it and the front diamond plate shows no sign of soot. Even towing around our other white enclosed it stays nice and clean. Pointing the soot at the road is the best case. I use to get a ton of soot on the rear quarter, bumper, and trailer when I had the normal right rear exit.

I never had muck soot stick from stacks before. It was the moisture in the exhaust that would leave little black spots all over the back of the truck that I could not stand.

SevenThree

Reaction score
Not an issue for me. I have put at least 4-5k on my enclosed without cleaning it and the front diamond plate shows no sign of soot. Even towing around our other white enclosed it stays nice and clean. Pointing the soot at the road is the best case. I use to get a ton of soot on the rear quarter, bumper, and trailer when I had the normal right rear exit.

I never had muck soot stick from stacks before. It was the moisture in the exhaust that would leave little black spots all over the back of the truck that I could not stand.

Most people's trailers are not diamond plated, most are steel or painted aluminum.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
I tow year round and there is no soot on any of my trailers including my brand new, white hard wall travel trailer. The exhaust blows straight down onto the ground, under the trailer.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Does grit stick to your paint or toolbox easier?

Well when I had the side dump on my truck the soot stuck to the right rear wheel like no tomorrow and was ten times harder to clean then the paint. Much easier to clean the paint then the diamond plate on the trailer. I get a ton of road grime on the trailer, but little to no soot. When I had the side exhaust. I would have to degrease the whole right side of the trailer.

All I was trying to say is that the exhaust turned down like mine is the best for keeping the soot off your truck and trailer. You really can't argue that. I have tried every other set up aside from a hood stack.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and my yellow trailer, and white bobcat will disagree with you.

on your truck, i dont know. apparantly it worked.

on my truck, it does not. my truck burns clean, is stock, and with a rear exit, i still had to wash the loader, and/or trailer.

hauling cattle, also didnt like the rear exit, or stack. i had to keep the side exit. it took me about a year to figure out why i kept having respiratory problems with them. i wasnt till i let a friend use my truck, and we were having some mechanical problems with it, made it smoke like a train, and with the rear exit, the smoke just swallowed the trailer. a side exit blew it all out. no more respiratory problems.

and i must say, this has turned into quite the pissing match, between everyone, and we have digressed into a topic thats not even related to the op.

so lets to back to the op's post.

stack or not stack.

SevenThree

Reaction score
Well when I had the side dump on my truck the soot stuck to the right rear wheel like no tomorrow and was ten times harder to clean then the paint. Much easier to clean the paint then the diamond plate on the trailer. I get a ton of road grime on the trailer, but little to no soot. When I had the side exhaust. I would have to degrease the whole right side of the trailer.

All I was trying to say is that the exhaust turned down like mine is the best for keeping the soot off your truck and trailer. You really can't argue that. I have tried every other set up aside from a hood stack.

I thought you were arguing a stack. My bad.

Latest posts

Members online