Torq2.2 on my 450 C&C Work Truck

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I love my 450 C&C truck, no issues at all, except one. Down low it just didn't have an grunt. I'd lay into it and it'd take until 2nd gear for it to get a solid pull out of the truck. I'm going to be pulling a 7'x18' dual axle open trailer with frames regularly soon and didn't want to have any troubles, so I knew just who to call. Picked up a brand new Torq2.2 from Innovative and had this bad boy installed in 15 minutes flat. In fact, I did it in the morning before I left for work. Can't argue with that install time!

I have it set to 0 on the box and 100% on the knob. It's all tucked under the hood. Haven't had ANY truncation and the truck definitely pulls a bunch harder, especially right off the line. If anyone has driven a C&C truck they aren't as punchy as the civilian 6.7s, but I can definitely say the truck feels MUCH more like my 6.7 did in stock form, if not even better than a stock 6.7 truck. I've only done the T2.2 for now, I plan on doing an intake to assist any way I can, even though I'm not sure how much that'll truly add.

I have to add, having had all 3 ID Torq boxes since they came out, they REALLY nailed the fitment on this fuel rail connector. The first model was a tough fit, but now it fits as easily as the stock connector comes off. Hats off to Innovative for their continued R&D to get their products just right. I installed this one with one hand in under 2 minutes. It's that easy now.

Here's some quick pics of the easy install.

Supplied wire tap/splice:
null_zpsc42613c7.jpg

Bottom of center PCM harness. You want the white wire with green trace- directly next to my thumb on the right side of the harness:
null_zps9a603c22.jpg

Tap installed, harness plugged back in:
null_zpsc569d02a.jpg

Torq box and wire tucked in the corner of the engine bay (red wire is CB power wire):
null_zpseae25e6b.jpg

I'll report back with MPG gains. Haven't gone any long distances to really test it, or kept my foot outta the loud pedal for that matter lol :pimp:

jcain

Reaction score
My c&c 6.7 550 won't even allow more than 20psi until about 30mph from a dead stop, the n it slams to 30psi. I'd say it's all TM through the computer.

jonnysteals

Reaction score
I was in this truck last week. Hes still running it. He stated it made his truck drive like a regular 250 power wise. He loves it still. Not sure about mpg because its his work truck so tis loaded heavy all day every day.

14ccd

Reaction score
This is good to hear, another option for those who do not want to delete, (yet) and also for those who are worried about warranty.

DTL

Reaction score
I had one of these on my truck. Actually, I still have it, in a box somewhere. It did add some power, but my truck had some bad side effects that couldn't be overcome. When the truck went in to regen, it wouldn't shift at anything over half throttle (except WOT). It'd just fall on it's face and stutter. If you didn't lift and let it shift, it'd just sit there and choke between gears. As annoying as that was, with the box set on 100%, the transmission would freak out when towing and neutral the truck, make you pull over, then shut off. Once you restarted it, it'd go for a bit, until it exceeded some random limit table, then the whole thing started again. Not ideal when towing up a large grade, with traffic and no shoulder. Dang near killed me the first time it happened.

I spoke to the guys at Innovative Diesel and they were very nice and very helpful. At their direction, I tried some different setting on the box, but was never able to get rid of the problems. In the end, they told me "yeah, that happens with some trucks". Not an ideal situation, in my case. I know some people have been pretty happy with those boxes, I just wasn't one of them. I have a SCT x4 now, and so-far, so-good. Much more power than the Torq box and no side effects, so far.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.