Tow pig idea WITH A CAT!!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Hell looking at prices for a spare get rag HOLY F@$%*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%CHIT is it expensive. The zf6 is just as bad.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Don't bother with a light duty manual.
BTS built 4r100 with a pcs will hold more power than a zf-6 or nv-5600.

Coastal

Reaction score
Just curious if a C7 cat non-acert will fit into a 08+ 450 or 550 4x4 with a dana 70 front and 110 rear the C7 would be backed by a eaton fuller 10 speed auto with a 2 speed transfer case 4x4 setup.
The cat will get a few taste full add on's mechanical injection pump, injectors, C9 cam, maybe a borg warner s480 or some type of turbo, head work, cut pistons and a inline 45 psi pump with a fass before it.

Will the frame, body and the entire truck handle the power from the engine.

Fummins are like accepting warm beer or having rockstars on your super duty.

Was googling some DT360 stuff and came across this thread... I'm just finishing up my DT swap in an 08 F450. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g1FVxI4Pz4&list=UUDdwoXo_-Ytq_IgHO8WgRVQ

6.4strokin

Reaction score
I have a dt360 engine waiting to go in a 91 f350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coastal

Reaction score
Any pictures of your setup?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yup, this is phase one...get it in and working so nothing is pretty yet. Just functioning.

DSC_1045_zpsqb5u8a2g.jpg

DSC_1042_zpshq73p64s.jpg

DSC_0996_zpsxemdgst8.jpg

IMG_20140707_202225_zpsk9zgihwv.jpg

DSC_0962_zpspzuetlo8.jpg

Reaction score
The C7 and 3126s were fine engines, they didn't leak oil IF you changed the air filters and kept the dirt out of them and the blowby down on them, seen many, and no not one or two, many with tip top maintenence last well over 800,000 in box trucks, most people tried to run the extended oil change intervals on the 325hp versions, not a good idea, they made tremondous torque for a stock engine, I've rebuilt 5 of them now, simple engine, much better piston design and structure than their competitors, and btw they ONLY blew head gaskets if some dumbass ran it with a busted CAC (number one cause of all blown turbos and head gaskets period) and burned the fire rings out, the C7 accert surpassed the DT466 in injection quality in 2004 due the use of NO egr up until 2007, yeah they had it going on until the EPA got on them in 2008.. All in all the 3216B/C7 was a fine engine, the head bolts are huge, super tight too, 330lbs tight, had a super tough bottom end, we ran them in wreckers in MI for a long time, serviced them every 10,000 miles and air filter every other oil change, ran overheads every 75,000-100,000 and kept up on the small failures, never had one pop, and this was a fleet of 15, my advice, if you can get the whole thing to communicate together go for it, people give Cat a bad rep due to poor maintenence, kinda like everybody hated the twin turbo C15s and said they were junk, using junk oil, poor maintenence, and drove them harder than hard, Cat has built alot of junk but the 3126B and C7 were decent engines up to 30,000lbs gvw everyday gvw.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
C12 and c15s are good engines. They don't have all the emissions bs. We never have problems with ours. But those are big boy engines. Our c-15 has twin turbos and has no lag. The c12s are pretty simple engines....

The c12 is the engine they used before the c13 and all the emission requirements came out. And the c-15 is the same deal for the c-16

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
C12 and c15s are good engines. They don't have all the emissions bs. We never have problems with ours. But those are big boy engines. Our c-15 has twin turbos and has no lag. The c12s are pretty simple engines....

The c12 is the engine they used before the c13 and all the emission requirements came out. And the c-15 is the same deal for the c-16

You are spreading a lot of misinformation. A twin turbo C15 has emissions in the form of IVA's. The C16 did not replace the C15, the C15 is still used in current model year equipment. There are full tier 4 C15s, in both trucks and equipment.

Jason

Reaction score
He spreads misinformation all of the time, actually. The pre-emissions 3406e cat's were 14.6 liters, the c15 was 15.2. The c16 was 15.8, the acert motors, the c15, was the gammit from 435 all the way to 625. There was no c16. I've not explained myself very clearly, as I have just woke up, and haven't had my first 10 cups of coffee, but you get the jist. You have the bastardized abomination of the mbn bridge motors, that were the precursor to the acert motors, which honestly aren't all that terrible, and can be unbridged, and made into strong, reliable motors. The acerts, with some aftermarket assistance can be made into real real strong running motors, and the sequential turbos really shine in that scenario. I honestly don't know why the *** we are talking about these motors, the c7 and 3126 cats were the original topic here.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
You are spreading a lot of misinformation. A twin turbo C15 has emissions in the form of IVA's. The C16 did not replace the C15, the C15 is still used in current model year equipment. There are full tier 4 C15s, in both trucks and equipment.

Yea your right I tried to change the info on the c16 replacing the c15. That was my edit fault.

And I ment the c15 doesn't have the serious emission requirements. Like DEF. It was hard on cat when they had to get stricter on the emissions. Yes the c15 has more emission requirements than the c12. Which the c12 is raw.

There are also two types of c15, one is the earlier c15 pre 08. Which I think we have. And there is a c15 future gen.which have more of the emissions requirements.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Most Cat swaps that I have seen around the net get about half way before the average guy runs out of cash for the build. Cat parts are very expensive. I would rather have a Cummins or Detroit over a Cat anyday.

Latest posts

Members online