Transmission suggestions?

squad32

Reaction score
I just detonated my fifth transmission with only ten thousand miles on it. So I'm turning to all of you to ask what is by far the most bulletproof, strongest, reliable, tow monster of a transmission available on the market for the 7.3. My truck is lifted on 40 inch tires with just minimal engine mods at this time. Its also running on 4.88 gears front and rear. I'm at the point where I'm going to sell this truck if I can't find a transmission that will last more than 15,000 miles. It's an 01' with only 80,000 on it. Any advice on something true and tested would be great

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
BTS. I recommend BTS to everyone. Especially 4R100.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Carolina444

Reaction score
I'm also looking into transmission options. How long does it generally take to get a bts? Anybody know how well the dieselsite trans are doing?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well I've read some threads here about the BTS wait. Not sure what the wait is these days. I actually just seen the advertisement for diesel sites transmission. I don't know anything about them.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I loved my BTS trans but get ready for a long wait. Anything from bob at diesel site is bound to be good. And twisted diesel builds an awesome 4r100.

squad32

Reaction score
Is a BTS really going to hold together turning heavy tires and a motor with modest upgrades 160/30's and a 38r for example. Or is finding a unicorn a better possibility then a solid 4R100.

ncollins64

Reaction score
It is very doable. My BTS was behind a 1k hp cummins. BTS or twisted are both great and will hold up. I'd call twisted and talk to them. They usually have fast turnaround times and a great warranty on there 4rs

squad32

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm know where near the type of HP your spinning. I might just slay that unicorn on my 6th try!!

bad12jr

Reaction score
I'd call john wood as well. A lot less hassle shipping.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

old man dave

Reaction score
No hassle shipping a BTS to California. He pays 1/2 and you pay 1/2. You can return your core in the shipping container he supplies. BTS has a one size fits all, generally. There have been posts about a long lead time for builds.

John Wood has different levels of builds depending on use. He's in SoCal.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Sorry. By hassle I meant shipping time and freight cost. Plus if a problem were to arise your not all the way across the country. The BTS I have works great. I'm only a 2 day shipping away. Not a full week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Don't forget when you buy a BTS your also buying his warranty and the backing of his product... I had to wait 6-7 months... Best wait ever... I also didn't grenade my trans yet... Not to be an ass but if your blowing through them that much don't you think something else is going on like your foot is broken...? :lookaround:

Reaction score
Don't forget when you buy a BTS your also buying his warranty and the backing of his product... I had to wait 6-7 months... Best wait ever... I also didn't grenade my trans yet... Not to be an ass but if your blowing through them that much don't you think something else is going on like your foot is broken...? :lookaround:

I don't think his driving habits would hurt a BTS.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.