Truck repair nightmare

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't want it around. Every component in that motor has seen an unusual "stress" of some sort due to the screwed up firing. Stress is what wears out parts, so I wouldn't want it, and especially not to take the place of a 30k motor.

genie144

Reaction score
I have a spare block, heads, cam, etc. Only thing I don't have is rods - although I can get some forged ones within a few days from a friend up north. He is welcome to any of it. Could sell parts to him or he could borrow and replace the parts later. Just let me know if I can help. I am up in Conifer so FairPlay is not too far.

Sam

Big Bore

Reaction score
I wouldn't want it around. Every component in that motor has seen an unusual "stress" of some sort due to the screwed up firing. Stress is what wears out parts, so I wouldn't want it, and especially not to take the place of a 30k motor.

The engine was only driven a few times, for short periods, and never made hiway speeds. A magnaflux should show any problems with the block, crank and internals. But I hear you.

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
The engine was only driven a few times, for short periods, and never made hiway speeds. A magnaflux should show any problems with the block, crank and internals. But I hear you.

A few times short enough to burn a hole through piston 4!!!

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have a spare block, heads, cam, etc. Only thing I don't have is rods - although I can get some forged ones within a few days from a friend up north. He is welcome to any of it. Could sell parts to him or he could borrow and replace the parts later. Just let me know if I can help. I am up in Conifer so FairPlay is not too far.

Sam

I think at this point he is not interested in doing the rebuild, he has a lot of time into this thing already so I'm pretty sure at this point I'll be selling him my motor. However he may need some of those parts in order to get me a good builder core depending on what we find when we disassemble his. How much are you wanting for the parts you have (block heads crank cam etc) what year is the block, and what would the rods cost from your friend? What was the history of the engine? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not say here, thanks.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Wow that sucks for your friend! Just one more horror story, and the reason I only trust myself and two other people to work on my rig...people are either incompetent, lazy, or just plain stupid nowadays!