Tuning school

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Correct, and this is a stock file for a TDE1(97 auto) truck. I sorta have an understanding of what the MFD table is, and how it works, just not sure what the % values in the fuel limit table mean. What exactly is it limiting? And what would happen if i set it all to 100%

And another newb question, how can i adjust the scaling of the table, such as the Fuel limit vs. RPM table, to go to my desired RPM range? Like how it stops at 3700 now, how do i get it to go up to say 4500?

Open up your Fuel vs RPM map. and hit F11 That will bring up FN014 X axis normalizer.

From there you have dots that can move on the X and Y axis Double click the dots and change the rpm value. Then you will have to exit out of the F11 and close the map and re open it before it shows the change

If you are still confused Id be glad to PM you my email or cell number and I can walk you through it

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Judging by your screen shot you will have quite a few dots to plot out.

My EOT value is set at -8192.00, and I have 7 lines in the F6 view like you showed

The % is limiting fuel PW compared to RPM, basically to control rev limiter. Set it all to 100% it will fuel 100% of the value you have programmed.

For example as I have a vague understanding but cant explain it very well..
If you have 100% fueling from 2800rpm up and on my drag tune persay, anything 2700rpm and under is 50%. If I make a shift that drops rpm below 2700rpm it will cut fuel PW in half (or whatever you have programmed) So, my drag tune calls for 4MS PW, if the scenario happens as I listed if It falls below 2700rpm it would limit PW to 2MS.

This is my understanding, so dont take it as gospel

Last edited:

JD3020

Reaction score
this may be a question best answered on the php forums, I'm not sure if you can make adjustments to the template. try pressing ctrl/alt/enter and see

I tried that earlier and had no options. I've thought about the PHP forum, but honestly it seems like theres more people with Minotaur active on here than on their forum, seems dead over there. :dunno:

But i just did what Dan said, and it worked! Didn't realize i could change values in there. Just wish i had a dang Hydra so i could load a tune quick and see if any of my changes worked. LOL

JD3020

Reaction score
I need some advice for my MFD table. This is something i threw together during one of my first days of tuning and for some reason i've stuck with it. It really doesn't work too bad, but at low throttle it can be touchy/jerky. Just not real sure how to set it up to get smooth operation/fueling. Black is modded, red is stock.

mfd_zps9f46191e.png

JD3020

Reaction score
I tweaked it some and got it pretty good, till i installed a Swamps IDM last night. Now for the first time ever its dropping cylinders when cruising at very light throttle, so time to tweak it some more. But i must say i'm pleased with the results.

And something i noticed tonight, which i'm not sure if its been going on this entire time or what, but the truck isn't building more than 2300psi. DC is maxing out around 35%. The tune is calling for 3200psi. I'm assuming its a PCM/tuning related issue and not something mechanical. So do i need to start messing with the ICP DC table now? I have yet to make a single change to it.

Strokin572

Reaction score
Awesome info someday if I ever have a different DD I'd like to try my own tuning, but I still have a lot more learning before I'd feel comfortable tuning my own stuff.

Andrew

Reaction score
I tweaked it some and got it pretty good, till i installed a Swamps IDM last night. Now for the first time ever its dropping cylinders when cruising at very light throttle, so time to tweak it some more. But i must say i'm pleased with the results.

And something i noticed tonight, which i'm not sure if its been going on this entire time or what, but the truck isn't building more than 2300psi. DC is maxing out around 35%. The tune is calling for 3200psi. I'm assuming its a PCM/tuning related issue and not something mechanical. So do i need to start messing with the ICP DC table now? I have yet to make a single change to it.

Check the max icp desired first then look at the other tables. You can also fix a touchy throttle with the pw table.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Can't you command IPR DC?

Rather than simply tellng it where to stop?

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'm not 100%, but you should be able to match that table to another parameter.

That way you're telling it what to do, rather than telling it what it's cap is, and letting it figure out the details.

You know the deal with IPR DC% right? 60% ish is just about 100% of usable IPR travel?

JD3020

Reaction score
See, thats what i'm unsure of. I'm not sure if the DC table is just telling the IPR what its limit is, or if the PCM is supposed to follow that table, like its supposed to follow the ICP table.

I'll just have to start screwing with it tonight and see what i can figure out. I just wish i knew if i was really seeing 3kpsi before now, or if this is a new issue that popped up. One thing that sucks the scangauge is you can't datalog, and when your running WOT its hard to do anymore than just glance at it.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I used to video the scan gauge before I could data log.

And on my scan gauge you can actually data log, but it's a pain in the ass to review.

IMG_2667.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
Yeah, i know theres a datalog function on it, but i've never been able to get it to work.

And i'm thinking about buying a Go-pro, or something similar/cheaper just for datalogging. In theory i should be able to set something up that can see my boost gauge, pyro, speedo, tach, and scangauge.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I know a few guys that do that. Probably alot easier than holding the camera and goin wide open lol.

JD3020

Reaction score
Yeah, its hard enough trying to focus it on the speedo on the video's i've done, let alone trying to get a decent shot of the gauges. LOL

Anyways i'm just gonna start tweaking the DC table and see what happens. Hopefully i can get this worked out. Wanna get it running good then i need to focus on the idle.

Andrew

Reaction score
Does it still cut on and off with light throttle? Would you mind posting a 3d map off the pw table?

JD3020

Reaction score
Does it still cut on and off with light throttle? Would you mind posting a 3d map off the pw table?

Yes, i haven't tweaked my tunes yet since i installed the IDM, which after racing and driving it on the highway Monday, i realized its fueling a lot harder than before with the same tunes(i love this IDM!). And for the most part it only cuts in and out when cruising at high RPM's with little load. Photobucket isn't wanting to upload anything for me right now, but i'll get some pics sometime tonight

Anybody know how the PCM calculates 4-low shifts and converter locking? Got a pull i'm hoping to make Friday night, but not sure how to make the PCM do what i want. My goal is start out in 2nd, lock the converter at 3k rpm's, then not shift into 3rd unless RPM"s are above 3700.

MossBack

Reaction score
You should talk to justin @ " power-struck". He usually has some in stock and if it is something of question I would replace it to rule it out... And he can answer a lot of your tuning questions and maybe set you in a good direction...

Latest posts

Members online