Tuning school

Andrew

Reaction score
Yes, i haven't tweaked my tunes yet since i installed the IDM, which after racing and driving it on the highway Monday, i realized its fueling a lot harder than before with the same tunes(i love this IDM!). And for the most part it only cuts in and out when cruising at high RPM's with little load. Photobucket isn't wanting to upload anything for me right now, but i'll get some pics sometime tonight

Anybody know how the PCM calculates 4-low shifts and converter locking? Got a pull i'm hoping to make Friday night, but not sure how to make the PCM do what i want. My goal is start out in 2nd, lock the converter at 3k rpm's, then not shift into 3rd unless RPM"s are above 3700.

Start with shift schedule drop first to 0 across the board. Then second start low peak at the 3700 mark. Third raise the initial shift to 3700 and it won't shift till then. Converter lock is controlled by pedal position and rpm iirc so 3000 for second. I would write one and load/test before I pulled with it

JD3020

Reaction score
Start with shift schedule drop first to 0 across the board. Then second start low peak at the 3700 mark. Third raise the initial shift to 3700 and it won't shift till then. Converter lock is controlled by pedal position and rpm iirc so 3000 for second. I would write one and load/test before I pulled with it

The issue is the shift schedules(aside from WOT) go by MPHk. What i'm unsure of is if the PCM just calculates 4-low shifting by using the transfer case ratio(which is in the paramter section BTW), or some other way. Converter lock is pedal position and speed as well.

And i'm hoping to make some tests, but its looking like i won't have it running till late tomorrow evening(work till 6) or Friday after work, which is when i'll be loading it on a trailer, so i won't really get any time to test it.

JD3020

Reaction score
Heres some pics of the 3 tables that i think my issue is in, they all need some tweaks, just haven't gotten around to messing with them. This is my daily tune which is pretty clean, hazes under heavy throttle, and boost peaks around 35psi. Overall a very easy driving tune, but still runs pretty good.

Untitled_zpsb8861696.jpg

adf_zpse0dc563e.jpg

tu1_zps42372dd6.jpg

Andrew

Reaction score
Sorry can you post the number graph? And I can't see you're sig what are you running for injectors and who built them?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Heres some pics of the 3 tables that i think my issue is in, they all need some tweaks, just haven't gotten around to messing with them. This is my daily tune which is pretty clean, hazes under heavy throttle, and boost peaks around 35psi. Overall a very easy driving tune, but still runs pretty good.

Untitled_zpsb8861696.jpg

adf_zpse0dc563e.jpg

tu1_zps42372dd6.jpg

you do realize that mass fuel desired is simply your pedal curve right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.