Tuning the 7.3 in current times

ghohouston

Reaction score
It is pretty ridiculous no one wants to mess with the chips anymore. I get it to an extent, being able to email tunes and use a Hydra, IF you have one. God knows how many people are still running a T/S chip that may need a re burn one day. And that's wild about GH. They were such a good tuner and had great customer service years ago.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I hope all of this about GH is on the mend.
They have always been great for me.
Said they would reburn my ts no issues.
Doing a live tune with Matt sometime soon for my 7.3.
Were you dealing with Matt or his employees?

psduser1

Reaction score
They told me that the ts guy was out for hernia surgery for a bit, I'm sure that backed them up for a minute. I had a bit of a wait to get my stuff back, also.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Chip got back to me real quick.

First sign it was going to be a shit show was the fact they didn't put the tunes in the order I requested. Down hill from there.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well that really sucks! But these trucks are over 20yrs old and older for the obs. Sucks bad but times change. That being said, i still miss whitey every day though.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I just flat out don’t like the stupid face on the Hydras and have no need for 15 tunes. Maybe I could figure out a way to mount it behind the dash and just have the buttons protruding through….

dsberman94

Reaction score
Get the extension cable and put it in the center console. Or tuck it back up under the dash. Just because there’s 15 slots doesn’t mean you have to fill them. It was a great theory 10 years ago so you could try other tuners but now the options are getting slim and they’re all pretty much the same anyway.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So moderate throttle into 3rd gear, would you want to/expect to see converter lock?

Mine locks then bogs down.

3rd gear is usually a great gear for me, unless it locks.

I want rpms I want my shit spinning to get up and going

dsberman94

Reaction score
Did you tell them it’s lifted and big tires and gearing. That seems like your issue. When I had gearhead stock height on 33s that was my best gear when it locked.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I had the same experience with gearhead in the past. I ordered tunes I tried them vs my old dp tunes and they were bad. Called them and immediately they said “there must be an issue with your pickup.” I asked for a revised set and they complied but not much changed so I asked for a refund.

Never again

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We had a very special visitor here the other day. He messaged me!

my chip is ready to be shipped out tomorrow and soon my truck will be back to what it once was!!!!!!!!

hopefully I dont need to drive the truck though until I get the chip back. LOLOL

200.gif

Latest posts

Members online