turbo options on e99?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I figure in a race tune the 30% nozzle will leave a wee bot if fuel with a modded 66. So if I throw 100hp worth of nawssss at it. Ill get 15 extra hp.

I was so not serious when I said that.

Ill get plenums and spider and ill be set to throw a 38r in....done and done...

Carolina444

Reaction score
Would the s369 need to be gated with nitrous and 230/100's? I'm still back and fourth on my charger upgrade. I run large nitrous kits on my drag car so I want to run a small kit on my truck

ja_cain

Reaction score
I'd put a ww2 and run it before I went to a d66. But the best would be to go the T4 route with an s362

Someone needs to get one of these and try it. I bet it would spool super fast even with a zf. Just not sure how it would do for heavy towing with higher than stock fueling. It's got to be at least better than the stock charger.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Or maybe not...stock turbos are ***kin awful. Really. Even on a untuned truck a 38r "feels" better. After driving this gutless turd, i wondered if it was even doing anything. Oh but it whistles with this stupid air intake lol.

Im not sure id be able to find the logic anywhere to put that kind of money into a stock turbo.

I know there are different wheel designs but my billet wheel sucks. No midrange flow. Egts get hot.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I was thinking the 362 (if going the t4 route and stage ones), not the ww2 on the stock charger.

I think powerstrokejunkie has run the 362 with stage ones (based on some googling). He said it was super responsive and good up to about 400hp.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was thinking the 362 (if going the t4 route and stage ones), not the ww2 on the stock charger.

I think powerstrokejunkie has run the 362 with stage ones (based on some googling). He said it was super responsive and good up to about 400hp.

That isnt something id advise soneone to seek out. Even just tuned, a 362 is small. Conpare its specs to a stock turbo. Its an expensive way of getting a stock turbo under your hood.

Id do an s366 and tinker with housings. An ac with stock nozzles is good for 330-350hp. Psj ran swamps 175/146 and the s362. Which he used because he already had the mount in place.

A stock truck, just in my opinion, its hard to beat a drop in 38r. Its getting easy enough to find the stuff to convert an e99 to the later setup that it's not apples to apples in a stock pedestal vs a t4 setup moneywise.

Its costing me under 1k to do.

Thursday the truck is gone already. Took a rustfree eclb 7.3 xlt with 110k miles on it. Paid 8 grand as it was leaking oil and was "stumbling on acceleration". Put parts i already had laying around on it. The injectors were ordered for my 00 as I was going to run 160/30s and a stock hpop but stayed with the 250/200 38r setup.

Ive got about 2 grand into it...so im at ten..got 16k for it....yea, im not keeping it for that kind of profit.

Sorry no pics...i got the stuff swapped over yesterday morning, got bbq stuff ready after that, and sold it yesterday morning through the guy I bought it from.

Ive got enough from this to get a rc 6l or an ecsb 6l. Which sorry to say tows better out of the box. They should have engineered the 7.3 for 350 ish hp stock.

ja_cain

Reaction score
That's cool you were able to turn a profit. I wish I had some disposable income to do things like that. Your probrably right about the the s362, but I can't find the stock turbo specs to confirm. The 362 is fairly cheep, but with the 366 getting the upgraded compressor wheel it would probably be interesting to try it out. I wish there was someone near me that was into all of this stuff so I could go in with on a project truck. That would be the way to go I think. My two closest friends are cummins and duramax guys. Oh well, need to get this house sold so I can start playing a little. Good thread as usual Ty.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Ive got no love fir TN datung back to the days of tuner modding(no, i never had a civic or acura) i had an eclipse and an evo..

Two sweet cars that I have no experence with. I can't remember, was your eclipes a gst or gsx? Btw, I have a 95 Integra GSR (sedan, sleeper) that I am going to k swap one of these days. It should be sweet.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
I have the parts to convert an E99 to a L99. They were annoying to piece together lol. Will be going the 38r route if I end. Up fixing my old truck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
I swapped mine to a T4E setup. Really cheap to go from that to a T4. At the time I did it, you could do it with an H2E for about the same as swapping from early 99 to a 38R.

Nowadays, the old 7.3, with so many people swapping from stock to T4, parts are a lot cheaper. And those E99 spiders and pedistals are even more golden for OBS guys.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Two sweet cars that I have no experence with. I can't remember, was your eclipes a gst or gsx? Btw, I have a 95 Integra GSR (sedan, sleeper) that I am going to k swap one of these days. It should be sweet.

Gsx...

Talking to buschur racing right now about a stg 2 longblock and a race cylinder head. I want to be at 700 hp...which is easily dine with those parts. Truck is first though.

Latest posts

Members online