Twin Scroll turbo

torque beast

Reaction score
Did a search but only pulled one 2 year old thread which was disaster. Anyone have any info on these?

torque beast

Reaction score
Do all have the flap to control which side the exhaust goes? Also, if the flap is closed will it act somewhat like an exhaust brake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Maybe you are referring to the Caterpillars NextGen twin scrolls with built in diverter valve?

torque beast

Reaction score
Not sure, can't find the info I was reading earlier but yes it was divided and the valve is closed at idle/low rpm to direct all exhaust through one side and then open up as rpm raises to reduce bp

torque beast

Reaction score
I can't find it. It basically looked like your normal divided housing except it had a valve to direct flow down one side only and as rpms went up the valve would gradually open letting flow down both sides. The other weird thing was there looked to be 2 different sized wheels on the exhaust side kinda like the compressor wheel on the stock 11-14

torque beast

Reaction score
This is not the one I saw but it gives you an idea what I'm talking about.
8f6b30ec717a5af6e7a1be211bf1d4da.jpg

torque beast

Reaction score
Ya I know but the way the turbine housing and wheel was designed is different than I have ever seen. The wheel had a small side and a large side. That's why I'm asking if anyone has seen it or running one.

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Small side and large side just like every turbo with a divide housing? LOL

This is what I was talking about.
736acc4c32c41c41292e34528b4493fc.jpg

#4 is the balance valve that is actuated to balance pressure between the small and large scroll.

torque beast

Reaction score
Small side and large side just like every turbo with a divide housing? LOL

This is what I was talking about.
736acc4c32c41c41292e34528b4493fc.jpg

#4 is the balance valve that is actuated to balance pressure between the small and large scroll.

Nope, seen plenty of those. This had a 2 sided exhaust wheel and the flap was vertical. Not like the pic I posted.

Latest posts

Members online