Update 06/09/15

jban126_f350

Reaction score
So I finally got my truck don't with the 190/100 injectors stage three barder and a Marty's fuel system. Right now I'm running gearhead tunes. There okay. I've been having issues with the tunes they've been sending me though. Can't get it right. I put the truck on a Dyno and only put down 543 with a full fuel tune. Everyone I've talked to told me I should be in the 600's. Should I try other tunes? Buying new exhaust manifolds soon to help turbo and egts a bit. Any input?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Shifts like crap because of the tunes surges at idle egts I feel are a little high but I think I messed the probe up putting it in. But exhaust manifold should help a little with boost and heat. Shouldnt it?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Shifts like crap because of the tunes surges at idle egts I feel are a little high but I think I messed the probe up putting it in. But exhaust manifold should help a little with boost and heat. Shouldnt it?

How does it shift? and what are your egts/boost at WOT? and what is your ICP and IPRDC at WOT,does it smoke a bunch or no smoke?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Good bit of smoke. Hard to say just got egt gauge like three weeks about. And like I said don't think the gauge is right. And I haven't watched ipr and icp
What should it be?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Good bit of smoke. Hard to say just got egt gauge like three weeks about. And like I said don't think the gauge is right. And I haven't watched ipr and icp
What should it be?

I had a 6.0 with 210/75's and a barder 68 with a twisted stage 3 trans etc and ran a custom GH reduced fuel tune I never seen it go over 1550 WOT no smoke at all shifted perfect and no lag. Do you know if its a full fuel or reduced fuel tune?

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I had a 6.0 with 210/75's and a barder 68 with a twisted stage 3 trans etc and ran a custom GH reduced fuel tune I never seen it go over 1550 WOT no smoke at all shifted perfect and no lag. Do you know if its a full fuel or reduced fuel tune?

Daily its on reduced fuel. Dynoed on full fuel. I haven't had egts over 1500 shifts like crap. (Just got a new transmission) real smokey. I can say I honestly am not happy with my tunes

04 f350

Reaction score
I had some issue with gear heads tuning, I would get another tune from somebody else and see what happens

sootie

Reaction score
one thing Gearhead tunes dont do is smoke heavy. There is another issue.
and no, manifolds wont help.

Reaction score
Daily its on reduced fuel. Dynoed on full fuel. I haven't had egts over 1500 shifts like crap. (Just got a new transmission) real smokey. I can say I honestly am not happy with my tunes

You don't have a FICM tune do you? My truck ran terrible on the same setup when I had a FICM tune, even setup for the bigger nozzles. Flashed everything to stock with my IDS, then reloaded the Gearhead tune and it work perfect.

Also, when I was on whatever Innovative's max fuel tune is, I only dynoed 560hp, and that was with ported heads and a stage one cam.

Last edited:

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I have a bullet proof ficm bit tuned but the truck is always hazing and chucks some smoke if I stomp on it. I know how to get around it but the trans shift like crap.either giving me whip lash or falling out of gears or down shifting randomly. Don't get it. Gonna try innovative I think. What is another issue the truck could have from smoking?

Reaction score
I have a bullet proof ficm bit tuned but the truck is always hazing and chucks some smoke if I stomp on it. I know how to get around it but the trans shift like crap.either giving me whip lash or falling out of gears or down shifting randomly. Don't get it. Gonna try innovative I think. What is another issue the truck could have from smoking?

Have Ford or someone with an IDS give it fresh reflash. Just to rule out a FICM file not playing nice with the SCT tune.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

Like said above if you have a tuned ficm get it reflashed to stock.

Truck ran like crap and was real smokey ran real hot with IDP performance FICM tune and the reduced fuel and full fuel tune.

Switched it to the IH or "stock" and all the problems went away.

04 f350

Reaction score
I would just try a new tune from another vendor before I would go through all that trouble of getting it flashed again

Latest posts

Members online