Update 06/09/15

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Hit up Marty. He has an IDS and can help you figure out what's not working right.

If it ends up looking like tunes, Innovative is like 5 mins from his shop.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Anyone have any other tuning options? I'm running gearhead and they can't get them right and it takes a while to get feed back. Anyone try to tune themselves? I know it's pricey but I might try and do it and get into that. Take a class on it or something trying to research it

04 f350

Reaction score
Drew at back road performance has really good tunes and so does Nate at WPE, just another few options to try.

Sealeveloc

Reaction score
I 2nd Nates tunes, the service is spot on. He e-mails me a revision typically with in 24 hrs. And has gotten the closest to getting me a street able tune. IDP was way off and tooks a few days to get revisions. I really liked TSD when I had my 190's.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
TSD doesnt offer tunes anymore over email and there located in texas. the only way to get tunes in going to them for live tunes

jban126_f350

Reaction score
its been hard to get revisions from gearhead plus its hard to tell him what it needs to do. the shifts are off sometimes to firm other times to soft. it takes awhile for the truck to go into gear, extended delay when into drive or reverse. even if i let it idle a little.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
might try out wpe tuning fair price. how are the tunes? will i get lucky and get some good tunes? im like 1 of 5 people that have bad luck with gearhead. sucks...

04cr450

Reaction score
to the op- ill bet its not gearhead tunes... you prob. have a solenoid issue if you are having a delay in shifting... sounds like a line pressure control solenoid or dd solenoid.

04cr450

Reaction score
doesnt matter(u said it was just built, chances are they didnt use new solenoids)... what u are describing sounds like a solenoid issue.... get the pressures checked at the bare minimum to rule it out... before i got my built trans(warren) i had a line pressure control solenoid go out on me... delay 4-5 secs going into D or R... new line pressure solenoid and it shifted like it was new, i thought it was the tune too... and it could still be the tune(tough to nail it on the forum here) but i highly doubt it.

Latest posts

Members online