Update on Godzilla

NathannialD

Reaction score
Motor is not damaged. We pulled it and checked the bearings, weren't hurt....

But I guess everyone know the status of our motors more than we do.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

I was told from someone that works there the rod bearings were scuffed.

But yeah it turned into project nightmare , so onto the 6.7 I go. Truck will have a stock bottom end with valve train , hd Pistons , studs , built trans and possibly an atmosphere turbo if I can score one cheap.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I was told from someone that works there the rod bearings were scuffed.

But yeah it turned into project nightmare , so onto the 6.7 I go. Truck will have a stock bottom end with valve train , hd Pistons , studs , built trans and possibly an atmosphere turbo if I can score one cheap.

First off you have so many connections you should be able to get an atmo for damn near free, and when has cost ever played a factor in one of your builds? You always have the nicest sh!t. I truely wish I didn't live on the other side of the country just to see and ride in your built trucks! Godzillia was my favorite truck of all the built ones out there! Good luck with it Mike, and I can't wait to see what comes of your 6.7 build. I'm sure it will impress!

Reaction score

Sorry, just going off what the owner of the truck told me..... But I'm not there. I was just relaying info...

**** happens and by no means was there any negativity on my part. I was bummed as anyone when I heard the news.

NathannialD

Reaction score
big difference between scuffed bearings and a total loss. motor is out not reason to not replace bearing and bring it back to par. crank still looked great just the bearings showed some wear.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my reply wasnt aimed at you just clearing up some apparent confusion about the motor thats all.

yeah I was basically told the rod bearings were scuffed, could be worse don't know. either way the motor is sold and getting new rod bearings, was a cool project, thanks for all your help, cant say we didn't try. 3 years without a truck was just too much to keep on keeping on. but my 6.7 should be fun in the next few weeks !!!

madman1234509

Reaction score
I don't know how you did it. 5-6 months without my truck got me really discouraged about it all... good luck with your future ventures!!!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I went 3 months before I freaked out and threw my truck back together.

There's something to be said for simplicity.. Erik seems to love his truck with the smaller build, JD's truck looks like a blast.. Plus it looks like the 6.7's are where it's at anyway!

NathannialD

Reaction score
I went 3 months before I freaked out and threw my truck back together.

There's something to be said for simplicity.. Erik seems to love his truck with the smaller build, JD's truck looks like a blast.. Plus it looks like the 6.7's are where it's at anyway!

The last setup was the same configuration as Eric's just larger turbos. Pretty cut and dry setup really. Vgt in the valley and remote atmo. Not to speak for mike but it is hard to keep pushing the limits when paying for everything on your own especially the labor.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so... i decided to keep my baby. once i thought about selling it with an old motor , and not getting 1/3 of what ive spent on it over the years, i may as well enjoy it. morgan at midwest built a motor for me , i put elite 59/72 , stock fuel , and should be a fun shop truck . it should be terrorizing the streets in the next day ..

IMG_39001.jpg

Latest posts

Members online