US Border Patrol Suspension

Gearhead

Reaction score
I'm working on an 08 that was a border partrol truck. I just happened to notice the limiter straps on the front end...... anybody know the history or specs on this setup? It looks pretty legit for a rough terrain truck.

birdco85

Reaction score
I'm bp, they have a factory lift. Came like that stock. As per policy we (bp) are not allowed to modify any suspension aftermarket. I do believe we put the limit s straps on though just to save shocks. It had to come that way from factory. There was a time when the old Bronco's were getting rough country lifts but things were breaking so they stopped it.

But yes, I can assure you that the trucks do AWESOME! The truck you bought had probably been air born more times then you want to know:D. They get thrashed because no one cares since its not "their"vehicle. Just go through the steering because 90% of the super duties we had had terrible death wobble. We only have a few left at my station but they are still my favorite to take out. Hope its a good truck to you.

Edit: just saw that you are working on it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR because I told it to...

Last edited:

birdco85

Reaction score
Not that i know of. I can try to take some in the morning when I get back to the station. Midnight shift sucks. I know its the factory radius arms and brackets. I Think they just mount in a different hole. As for springs I have no idea. If i had to guess its probably about a 3 inch lift spring. And we run bilstein 5100 on every vehicle but the sedans. And we beat the living crap out of these vehicles and somehow they survive.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
We've had a guy that bought a border patrol dmax stop at our shop. Just from briefly looking at it, it had limiting straps as well, full skid plates on everything (looked like a rally car underneath), and true bead locks. Pretty low miles but most likely no easy life haha.

Dave

Reaction score
We have the same suspension setup on our Brush truck at work as the BP trucks.

I'll try and get some pics this week

birdco85

Reaction score
I totally forgot about the skid plates. Bumper to transfer case, frame rail to rail.

birdco85

Reaction score
These are the best pics I could take.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358703623122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358703623122.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 561
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358703636384.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358703636384.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 542

birdco85

Reaction score
Probably not. I'm sure it is some fleet only extreme duty or high clearance something.

birdco85

Reaction score
I'm not saying parts wouldn't be available, obviously they would have to be. I'm saying I don't think its something that you can walk up to your parts guy and say I want the suspension that's on the BP trucks. Probably wouldn't have a clue. Especially if you don't live in a southern border state (California, Arizona, new Mexico, and Texas) they wouldn't ever see the vehicles. But I'm sure some research would probably net some sort if part numbers

sselk1.tom

Reaction score
Border patrol trucks. Selkcomm

The suspension on the 2003 to 2010 superduty trucks is pretty much stock. The only difference is that sometimes you will see upgraded shocks and limiting straps. I sell a lot of these trucks. They are awesome if they are right. Nothing even comes close.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The suspension on the 2003 to 2010 superduty trucks is pretty much stock. The only difference is that sometimes you will see upgraded shocks and limiting straps. I sell a lot of these trucks. They are awesome if they are right. Nothing even comes close.

this one has about a 4 inch lift on it and it is factory