Using AC = MPG halved???

Stroker6.0

Reaction score
you probably wont notice the small loss if you do small commutes. to people that drive far and tack on 3-5k in less then a week it makes a difference. noticing how many you mailes you get to a tank, lets say the op gets about 400-450 miles to a tank and now gets about 300-350 is big
:whs:

mclean

Reaction score
I know that when I use my dads RAV4, if I am crusing down the highway with the AC off, and I hit the AC button I can actually feel it kick in, like its losing power. I know that is just a little 4banger but they do rob some power

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know that when I use my dads RAV4, if I am crusing down the highway with the AC off, and I hit the AC button I can actually feel it kick in, like its losing power. I know that is just a little 4banger but they do rob some power

yeah your right, im driving a jeep liberty right now and i can feel the compressor cycle LOL, same with my 4 banger mustang :D

On these trucks i wouldnt think it would matter, i asked about the cooling fan because i know they rob some big hp, i would like to dyno a truck with and without the fan on, but im guessing 30 hp or more of a loss. big semis loose roughly 50 hp on the dyno, there fans are similar but bigger.

Another reason i asked is last year i overcharged my a/c system and it made the fan run like ***in crazy

BFT

Reaction score
i think you would feel it more during city driving, thats when you can hear the fan go off the most.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
been super busy with work and when i'm not workin the lady is keeping me busy. I'll try to make 2 round trips this weekend of about 50 or so miles. One with ac on and one with it off and see what happens

Latest posts

Members online