Want custom headlights. Suggestions?

jwalk09

Reaction score
So did u have instructions or was it pretty simple and just figured it out. Oh and pics on ur truck would be awesome!
I found a few write ups on here and rhe org on installing projectors. I've done another retrofit so I had a good idea how to do it. I'll get some pics later today on the truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rule12b

Reaction score
I found a few write ups on here and rhe org on installing projectors. I've done another retrofit so I had a good idea how to do it. I'll get some pics later today on the truck

Cannot understate the benefit of the BCM reprogram I posted if you are running led turn signals. . .

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Mine are real dark too!

Pay no attention to that DAMN CHIP IN THE STEP BAR!!! Cooper ST MAXX tires=rock and pebble assault.

Attachments

• rimage.jpg
    rimage.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score
Mine are real dark too!

Pay no attention to that DAMN CHIP IN THE STEP BAR!!! Cooper ST MAXX tires=rock and pebble assault.
Ditch those steps man lol

jwalk09

Reaction score
Amps man. Black, sexy and sleek for sure

Rule12b

Reaction score
what?

If you run LED turn signals, having the Body Control Module reprogrammed as described in the Ford Vehicle Bulletin I linked to earlier in this thread, it will solve any hyper flashing issues that come up and should make it unnecessary to even wire in resistors.

jwalk09

Reaction score
If you run LED turn signals, having the Body Control Module reprogrammed as described in the Ford Vehicle Bulletin I linked to earlier in this thread, it will solve any hyper flashing issues that come up and should make it unnecessary to even wire in resistors.
Oh ok I missed that. That's good to know man thanks. Think I'm going to stay with stock bulbs in there anyway

verifine

Reaction score
what cost are you looking at for single projector in each headlight and the ballast kit been looking into this exact setup just on a 06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have about 550-600 in each setup that I have made. I got an extra set of headlights off kijiji for $150, then the parts from TRS was 350ish I think.

Rule12b

Reaction score
Here's mine
5F8550D1-C7E6-4A8F-ADCA-648D15E199C7_zps3zrn3s1l.jpg

They came out great!!!

Also, apparently reprogramming the BCM as I posted earlier can lead to issues for some. Like a bad circuit in the BCM for the front turn signals. The work around is tapping into the turn signal in the mirror, for the switchback turn signals up front. Worked like a charm. Just don't confuse the wire for the trailer brake/signal wires that are roughly the same color. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online