Wanting more power in the future! What to do?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with all the above but we are talking 16deg difference. I run at 208, 80deg ambient, level ground and empty to boot. Bone stock. 10k miles on the truck. It even has the new truck smell.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Thats whats driving me crazy. My '10 was making way more snort and even pulling 16,000lbs in the mountains letting it chew I could not get above 224deg. It was 100deg out at the time as well.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I saw 230 degrees after pulling a Supra to 145mph with 5 dudes in the truck on 35s... I stopped paying attention to egts and oil temp while pulling because it never gets outrageous on my setup so I know I'm safe and just cruise. I only watch it when I'm beating on it

LMPirate

Reaction score
I enjoy reading threads like this. Soon as my Harley sells I'll start buying parts for mine. Nice to have a forum where people are helpful

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with all the above but we are talking 16deg difference. I run at 208, 80deg ambient, level ground and empty to boot. Bone stock. 10k miles on the truck. It even has the new truck smell.

one thing that was noted in another thread was to check the secondary cooling system coolant level. IF its low it will make oil temps run high ect which I can see.

I have a pretty good idea that mine runs warm because the of the lack of air. Im wondering also if an aftermarket grill would help open that up.

My plan is to switch radiators as corbin has had substantially lower temps, just some mintor leaks that I hear are fixed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I understand. I still don't open mine except to jump start my project trucks and change the oil lol

Jomax

Reaction score
Do you guys have a remote oil cooler? My eot's are higher then that puttering around town. Pulling my fifthwheel I can hit 235 coming out of some deep valleys.

In AZ I hit 251 oil temp quite often towing. I figure run syn. And I should be fine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
one thing that was noted in another thread was to check the secondary cooling system coolant level. IF its low it will make oil temps run high ect which I can see.

I have a pretty good idea that mine runs warm because the of the lack of air. Im wondering also if an aftermarket grill would help open that up.

My plan is to switch radiators as corbin has had substantially lower temps, just some mintor leaks that I hear are fixed.

But at the trade off of having the radiators crack..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Has anyone driven the barder turbo on a stock fuel truck? If so how did it drive?

I could be wrong but if I recall correctly Morgan has said in another thread that the larger turbine isn't suited as well to a stock fuel truck. You would probably be happier with the 64mm street max if you plan on sticking with stock fuel

sootie

Reaction score
I could be wrong but if I recall correctly Morgan has said in another thread that the larger turbine isn't suited as well to a stock fuel truck. You would probably be happier with the 64mm street max if you plan on sticking with stock fuel

:whs:

Reaction score
I had the early 68mm version on my 2015 with stock 15 fuel system for a few months before I put dual pumps on.

It worked flawlessly. Did it make anymore power than a StreetMax on stock fuel? Not really. But it does work. The only advantage at that point is the sound or the ability to make more power later. As either turbo will burn all the fuel a stock system has available.

And we no longer offer the 64mm StreetMax or 61mm TowMax. We offer the stock 15 turbo, stock turbo with billet wheel upgrade, 62.5 TowMaxR, the 65.5 StreetMaxR or the 6670R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online