Warren 190/100's, 63.5 Powermax, Airdog II, sct xtreme...what rwhp should i expect?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Was gonna say... Ok cool. Sorry, just looking for a good setup.

FICM tuning works great on stock injectors. 190s will just smoke more... I wouldn't get the FICM tuning.

FICM tuning works great on larger injectors also. I have ID's mild FICM tuning and my truck doesn't smoke anymore than it did without it with my 190cc injectors.

strokin6L

Reaction score
ficm tuning is definitly worth every penny. Alot better throttle response, less turbo lag and probably 25-30hp

Last edited:

chappy

Reaction score
I'm assuming all you guys that have FASS pumps have the high pressure units....right? Cause i've been running a low pressure FASS for nearly 7 years with no issues.

I think I've got 6 years on my fass 95gph low pressure unit. Still going strong.Got a buddy wih a 06 that was having fuel pressure issues with 190's and decided on a stand alone AD2. Well hes on his 3rd one in 4 months. One left him stranded and the other time he has able to limp home. 3rd one is suppose to be there old style and he said its all he can hear is the pump running and it vibrates the floor

Sniper32

Reaction score
dude mad turbo werks turbo will outflow that pmax any day of the week and is cheaper! save money where you can and get something thats better for the truck! wouldnt run a airdog but then again if one comment out of 2 pages says that the airdog is good and thats enough for you then go for it! me personally have went through 3 of them and wont buy another and dont reccomend my customers to get them either. ask all the big guys and i bet they say the same thing which is dont run a airdog! now this is the airdog II that im talking about. if you just want a helper pump then id say the airdog would prob be ok but the airdog II still hasnt proven that it will hold up like a fuel lab or aeromotive

This is where I may argue with you. First off i do not know from personal experience, just what ive read/seen. MTW turbos are cheaper for the sizes, yes. As far as flow more air, thats a little shaky. I used to hear constant good things about MTW when they first came out, and that was basically from Adrian and his testers. Then suddenly after the PHP dyno day when they didnt perform so good, all the talk stopped! Lately, All ive heard is issues or failures. Several times Ive read people complaining about higher egts and lower boost #s after "upgrading" to a stage 1. Jaran from Holderdown also recently had a MTW hybrid go boom.

Dont get me wrong I was very interested in MTW when they first hit the scene, and still am interested but id need to hear more DD reviews. I also PMed Adrian personally to ask a question over a month ago with absolutely no reply. Id like to see/hear that these turbos are quality because it will only help us out with makin CLEAN power, but I dont know if Id throw my cash that way yet.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
This is where I may argue with you. First off i do not know from personal experience, just what ive read/seen. MTW turbos are cheaper for the sizes, yes. As far as flow more air, thats a little shaky. I used to hear constant good things about MTW when they first came out, and that was basically from Adrian and his testers. Then suddenly after the PHP dyno day when they didnt perform so good, all the talk stopped! Lately, All ive heard is issues or failures. Several times Ive read people complaining about higher egts and lower boost #s after "upgrading" to a stage 1. Jaran from Holderdown also recently had a MTW hybrid go boom.

Dont get me wrong I was very interested in MTW when they first hit the scene, and still am interested but id need to hear more DD reviews. I also PMed Adrian personally to ask a question over a month ago with absolutely no reply. Id like to see/hear that these turbos are quality because it will only help us out with makin CLEAN power, but I dont know if Id throw my cash that way yet.

i completely understand your point im going off what i have run and seen myself. there will always be failures and trucks that dont run as good as they should or what the owner thinks it should but me personally i have seen it run much better. not faulting what you are saying at all just going from what ive seen

strokin6L

Reaction score
MTW's turbo will outflow the powermax. There's already been guys sending their powermax turbo's to Adrian to have him turn them into either a stage 1 or hybrid. Those guys have already stated that the his MTW turbo really woke the truck up from the powermax...which would only mean one thing...it simply outflows it. The powermax isn't a whole lot bigger than the stock unit.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
...I used to hear constant good things about MTW when they first came out, and that was basically from Adrian and his testers. Then suddenly after the PHP dyno day when they didnt perform so good, all the talk stopped! Lately, All ive heard is issues or failures. Several times Ive read people complaining about higher egts and lower boost #s after "upgrading" to a stage 1. Jaran from Holderdown also recently had a MTW hybrid go boom. ...

I think what you are seeing here is a little bit of what happened with the powermax about 2 years ago. The powermax showed up and everyone thought it was the greatest thing, then when they spent their hard earned cash thinking they would be making 600 hp or something, they were disappointed because it is just a small upgrade over stock. Unfortunately, the MTW stage 1 has kind of had the same problem. The turbo was pretty highly praised when it came out and some guys were running it with no tuning and still seeing huge gains, then more people got it thinking that they would just put it on and it would work perfect. Well, some trucks didn't respond as well as others. Either way, neither turbo is a huge improvement over stock, but both are good turbos.

FWIW, My truck ran 13.1s at 7400lbs with the pmax and 155/100s, that is around 520 rwhp according to the calculator.

broncof250444

Reaction score
i completely understand your point im going off what i have run and seen myself. there will always be failures and trucks that dont run as good as they should or what the owner thinks it should but me personally i have seen it run much better. not faulting what you are saying at all just going from what ive seen

Never had performance problem out of the MTW turbos but the problem ive seen and customers have swapped to the powermax is high egt's during towing conditions. Highway towing out of the 5 MTW turbos ran about 200 degrees warmer than when we swap to the powermax. Changed to different tuners tunes and even run in stock still high, then customer gets upset and demands us to try a powermax and always drops the egts. Thats just what we see here in TX, maybe different other places or different trucks it will change but as said earlier the powermax's he had beat on pretty hard and have ran NOS threw them pretty regular with no issues.

Marty

Reaction score
On a 2003 with 7 190/75's and 1 stock injector and that powermax we went 106.5mph @6900 lbs repeatedly first passes out. Calculator says 570rwhp. Trucks getting 205/100s, going on a diet and getting either the bigger powermax or some sort of T4 turbo.

Currently has a walbro fuel system, studs, EGR delete, stock junkyard trans and some 33x12.50's......

Last edited:

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
ok. only thing im stuck on now is the fuel system...i mean, everything has ups and downs, i just want something that will work, and not screw up my truck. also, still thought that the airdog/fass whatever, would replace the factory pump and that would be it...

strokin6L

Reaction score
ok. only thing im stuck on now is the fuel system...i mean, everything has ups and downs, i just want something that will work, and not screw up my truck. also, still thought that the airdog/fass whatever, would replace the factory pump and that would be it...

It will, but it has to be the high pressure pump systems in order to replace the stock pump. The low pressure pump systems still utilize the factory pump.

3brorce

Reaction score
On a 2003 with 7 190/75's and 1 stock injector and that powermax we went 106.5mph @6900 lbs repeatedly first passes out. Calculator says 570rwhp. Trucks getting 205/100s, going on a diet and getting either the bigger powermax or some sort of T4 turbo.

Currently has a walbro fuel system, studs, EGR delete, stock junkyard trans and some 33x12.50's......

Why the h did you run 7 190s with 1 stock injector?

smoking stroker

Reaction score
Im guessing he only did that because he had one bad 190/75 and only had stock injectors to throw in it's place.

yup what he said.. was just trying to get the truck runinng again. sat for almost three years. went to track few days after we got it runnning. kinda think its just a freak of nature truck...

strokin6L

Reaction score
well i have pmax with 190/75 went 12.55 @ 106... 7100lbs

hp calculator put it 575ish

got the same cab/box configuration as you...mine is roughly the same weight. With me and 1/4 tank of fuel is roughly 7150lbs. Your truck must be a freak to run that good with a powermax. Especially with one stock injector mixed with those 190/75's haha.

Latest posts

Members online