What aftermarket lights to get for an 01

neverkickn

Reaction score
While I know that there is nothing to it and people do it all the time, I am not willing to cut the header panel to fit 05 lights. I would however like to get a black or tinted one piece design that is direct replacement.

The problem is that I can't seem to find anything that is either not a two piece light or not ridiculous looking.

Does anyone know of a direct replacement one piece that doesn't have led, projectors, or funky styling built in. Essentially I am looking for a unit that looks like the Harley lights for the 05 but that will fit the 01 without mods.

The closest thing I can find is this and it still has LEDs, but the styling is not off the wall and if it is the only option I think I can live with it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-F250-...:F-250+Super+Duty&hash=item5af240eb97&vxp=mtr

Even though these are a two piece design, I am still considering them as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-F250-...:F-250+Super+Duty&hash=item2c6e0190cd&vxp=mtr

Thoughts?

johnholman

Reaction score
I was going to get those first ones I just didn't like the led lights. I ended up doing the 05 Harley lights. Cutting the header panels not too bad.

Moejoe

Reaction score
I have the second ones, look great on the truck. Bolt on. Easy to adjust. But not the best light in rainy days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Moejoe

Reaction score
py3avu7e.jpg

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have the second ones, look great on the truck. Bolt on. Easy to adjust. But not the best light in rainy days.

They look good, what bulb are you using?

neverkickn

Reaction score
What grille did you use? I am assuming you are using your 01 bumper too. Is that the case?

njjeep

Reaction score
I don't see why you can't use 99-04 grilles and bumpers though. But like I said I'm not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neverkickn

Reaction score
I don't think the clips on the bottom or the grilles will line up with different year header panels.

700hauler

Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is with cutting the header panel? I plan on doing the 05 headlights here real soon on my 01.

dsberman94

Reaction score
cutting the header panel was easy. just took a while. use a dremel and have plenty of the cutting wheels ready. i broke about 6-10 because of the trickier parts. took a couple hours looks way better now though. the 07 style grille dips down lower into the bumper than the 99-04. when you cut the header panel use the directions from riffraff's resources section. they make it easy. you end up pulling out a good size square.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 83

DHFF

Reaction score
I put the 05 Harley lights in my 01 and no matter what bulb I've tried they are all too dim to see well at night. I'm not really sure what I should do other than maybe running a relay setup straight from the battery. Any ideas? I wouldnt have bought these if I had known the bulbs would be so dim with the 01 wiring.

Reaction score
I just put some bulbs in my Harley lights from AutoZone and they were brighter than expensive bulbs in my 02 lights. Are your light aimed correctly?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Is did standard 07 light swap. chrome ones. They're way brighter than the 02s with the bulbs they came with.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I put the 05 Harley lights in my 01 and no matter what bulb I've tried they are all too dim to see well at night. I'm not really sure what I should do other than maybe running a relay setup straight from the battery. Any ideas? I wouldnt have bought these if I had known the bulbs would be so dim with the 01 wiring.

I wouldn't do that with any high output halogen bulbs. It may get too hot for the housing.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Best option for a 99-04 is our true projection Hid kits. using '05 up lights with the lousy H13 bulbs just don't get you quality lighting add the fact that they also cannot be aimed correctly and you have to spend $ to mod the truck adds up to IMO a fail.

Latest posts

Members online