What have you done to your powerstroke today?

Jomax

Reaction score
No problem! I'd say start to finish it took me about 3 hours including removing and reinstalling the tails. Wasn't too bad! I highly recommend the PPG Deltron DC3000 clear coat. It makes jobs like this a breeze!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Does to come in a rattle can? Did you actually add the black in the clear?

Im looking to do this and was told to use a clear base coat with 5% black, then top coat it with clear. I guess doing it this way, makes it more uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Does to come in a rattle can? Did you actually add the black in the clear?

Im looking to do this and was told to use a clear base coat with 5% black, then top coat it with clear. I guess doing it this way, makes it more uniform.

It does not come in a rattle can. It must be sprayed through a gun. It is worth buying a gun, especially if you already have an air compressor. Just get a cheap starter HVLP to spray with! The quality better for sure.

I'd always be willing to spray your tails for you. Just let me know how dark you want them and cover a bit of my time and materials!

Yes where do you get this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

See above! :)

RSK

Reaction score
C74066EC-83C5-4DD7-A2BC-B89E4B1BF29A_zpsvje53m3e.jpg

Put 08 mirrors with ptm caps and door handles on, and replaced the windshield and tinted 35% while it was out. Still quite a more to do, going to do the grille surround oxford white
Upper bumper cover is done, and i have a black and white ford emblem for the grille when it's done too, then new paintable bumper in the spring time.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I really dislike the 08+ mirrors. The older ones, the main glass let me see more, and the spot mirror was just that, a spot mirror and the perfect size. Im about to swap '02 mirrors onto my '12. haha. Though many like the newer ones, I find the glass sizes to be more appropriate on the older ones.

smcox1

Reaction score
I really dislike the 08+ mirrors. The older ones, the main glass let me see more, and the spot mirror was just that, a spot mirror and the perfect size. Im about to swap '02 mirrors onto my '12. haha. Though many like the newer ones, I find the glass sizes to be more appropriate on the older ones.

You have to be the 1 in a million, honestly that's the first time I've ever heard that. IMO the older mirrors are garbage and actually a hazard on the road.

sootie

Reaction score
Ya obviously the 08+ mirrors havent been set up for him properly. Even the 17s arent as good. There is no mirror on a factory production pickup that compares to the 08-16 fords

RSK

Reaction score
Agreed, as someone who tows 7 days a week 8-9 months out of the year and plows, the 08-16 mirrors are the best... and now having heated mirrors will add to my visibility, also not noticeable i added the back up camera in the tailgate handle and that greatly improves visibility especially when the mirrors are iced up and useless.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You have to be the 1 in a million, honestly that's the first time I've ever heard that. IMO the older mirrors are garbage and actually a hazard on the road.

Idk man, they just work better for me. The big mirror shows me every thing I need to see, and the spot fills in the small areas I cant see. On my '12 (which Ive been driving with since '12, the main mirror is not tall enough for what I want to see.

Agreed, as someone who tows 7 days a week 8-9 months out of the year and plows, the 08-16 mirrors are the best... and now having heated mirrors will add to my visibility

I agree that heated mirrors are a must, but everytime I go to back up a trailer, in an awkard situation that isnt flat, the '12 mirror just isnt tall enough. Ah well, I've been know to be different in many ways :pointlaugh:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
C74066EC-83C5-4DD7-A2BC-B89E4B1BF29A_zpsvje53m3e.jpg

Put 08 mirrors with ptm caps and door handles on, and replaced the windshield and tinted 35% while it was out. Still quite a more to do, going to do the grille surround oxford white
Upper bumper cover is done, and i have a black and white ford emblem for the grille when it's done too, then new paintable bumper in the spring time.
ebony and ivory
It could also be I've used the old style for 10+ years. And amy used to how they work Haha.
meh, dont feel to bad bud.. I like the older mirrors and the seat in my dually better then my 12.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
The older mirrors don't compare, sorry. I've been in an older truck recently and couldn't see crap. 08+ mirrors FTW. I also drove with the older mirror for 6 years. I'll never go backz

01pwrstkr

Reaction score

imelmo

Reaction score
Ran a new best in the 1/8 yesterday: 7.08 @100.8 with a soft 10psi launch. Only got to make one pass though due to weather. Gonna try and break into the 6's today.

ckrueg

Reaction score
b788b3a168c35a259b4b91e5490dfbbf.jpg

Took advantage of the great weather this weekend. Also Jim ended up hand delivering me some LE 8854 to use for my first oil change. Now I just need my ndash relicence to show up so the weight loss surgery can happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Haha whoopsyyyyyyy. How bad was it ?
just left outback steakhouse and got on the freeway when my IBS kicked in and I had to chit bad.. I hammered down and a curve was coming up so I let off and coasted around it.. sure as hell, there he was. got me going 82 in a 65.. if it would have been a few seconds earlier I prolly would be in jail..
Broke it. Again. Not sure if it's an injector issue or transmission. ***k me.

Agreed

That sucks! Better slow that azz down! Lol

That really sucks! Hope you get it figured out

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
lol no doubt
Ran a new best in the 1/8 yesterday: 7.08 @100.8 with a soft 10psi launch. Only got to make one pass though due to weather. Gonna try and break into the 6's today.

daaam!! nice!!
b788b3a168c35a259b4b91e5490dfbbf.jpg

Took advantage of the great weather this weekend. Also Jim ended up hand delivering me some LE 8854 to use for my first oil change. Now I just need my ndash relicence to show up so the weight loss surgery can happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
nice!!! need to swap everything to LE.. your truck will appreciate it. that is a very sharp color!! looks good!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online