What have you done to your powerstroke today?

RSK

Reaction score
Nothing today. But yesterday i locked the throttle wide open getting onto the highway from 40 and it did a flared shift and lost both overdrive and lock up at the same time and i pulled over and searched on psa about it and someone said to shut the truck off and let it sit for 20-30 mins so i did. Started it up no wrench anymore and it shifted flawlessly all the way to the beach and back home. So i'll scan it today with my sct but probably not gonna find any codes, hopefully it was a tuning glitch or a solenoid glitch.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Nothing today. But yesterday i locked the throttle wide open getting onto the highway from 40 and it did a flared shift and lost both overdrive and lock up at the same time and i pulled over and searched on psa about it and someone said to shut the truck off and let it sit for 20-30 mins so i did. Started it up no wrench anymore and it shifted flawlessly all the way to the beach and back home. So i'll scan it today with my sct but probably not gonna find any codes, hopefully it was a tuning glitch or a solenoid glitch.
My truck did the same thing about 2 months ago. I could only drive up to 4th. So I had to stop and shut it off. I think it was because if the crappy Spartan tunning. I have custom tunes now and it has never done it again.

RSK

Reaction score
My truck did the same thing about 2 months ago. I could only drive up to 4th. So I had to stop and shut it off. I think it was because if the crappy Spartan tuning. I have custom tunes now and it has never done it again.

I'm not sure about that, my buddy has 60,000 miles on his 08 job 1 f450 with 24" american force wheels with 35's so its heavy combo, with spartan tuning and has had 0 transmission issues, and I have had gear head tuning and my trans just did this. so I don't think poor tuning is the culprit. gonna go scan it with my sct and see if I can pull a code from it if nothing comes up i'll just continue driving it until something happens with it. I'm in hot street too, so its not a small tune but its not in kill mode either.

JrStroker

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that, my buddy has 60,000 miles on his 08 job 1 f450 with 24" american force wheels with 35's so its heavy combo, with spartan tuning and has had 0 transmission issues, and I have had gear head tuning and my trans just did this. so I don't think poor tuning is the culprit. gonna go scan it with my sct and see if I can pull a code from it if nothing comes up i'll just continue driving it until something happens with it. I'm in hot street too, so its not a small tune but its not in kill mode either.
I had poor performance out of my Spartan tuning. It seemed to just get rougher and rougher on the Trans. Would bang shift all the time too

RSK

Reaction score
I had poor performance out of my Spartan tuning. It seemed to just get rougher and rougher on the Trans. Would bang shift all the time too

yah it depends on what tune you run and if you have traction bars or not, they smooth out the harsh shifting.

RedRice589

Reaction score
yah it depends on what tune you run and if you have traction bars or not, they smooth out the harsh shifting.

You have to drive it hard all the time or you need to lay into it a couple times for it to remember. Mine did it. It's the stupid adaptive trannies. My girl would drive it a couple days I'd get in and be easy on it then go to lay into it and wham bam free rev and be like wtf? Then I'd run it through a few times from a stop to 75-80 and it wouldn't so it again until she drove it lol

JrStroker

Reaction score
reseguhy.jpg
4edegapa.jpg
yna5a5ad.jpg
a9yvytes.jpg

Took just a couple photos today.

dsberman94

Reaction score

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cut to length on the lines and you can re solder wires to continue using the rest. Link them together or whatever. They're cool. I use them a lot. Should be putting red on my buddies runningboards shortly.

Posted while doing something dumb.

sagebel

Reaction score
Seriously! $12. Can you just cut the strip to length? How'd they wire up?

The roll I bought has wire leads at each end. I only ran the strip to the toolbox on each side and had about 4' left that I'll use some where after I solder new leads on. The adhesive would not stick to the bedliner very well so I used some superglue and the some clear silicon caulk on edges.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
Started having shift issues again , anyone else ever get a bad direct solenoid new from ford ?

My hd4R from ford had a bad PCS (checked on snapon scanner), got it back together almost a year ago and the overdrive light has flashed intermittently since, they made me jump through hoops, so I said nevermind... it has a 3 yr warranty... i'll make sure it's out by then... but on a side note...it shifts a little funny but is still strong after towing almost every day, tc stays locked more than it should though.

Latest posts

Members online