What is your next planned modification

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Comfy seats are overrated.
So is being able to turn around in anything less than a ten acre field.
My obs turns very well........
580752_640618478971_1849093813_n.jpg

Nothing like coming home to new parts!
4" lift is next after I finish the efuel conversion.
4" lift on a TTB.... may wana re think this b4 u go spend money on new tires....

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
So I couldn't try it for even a day or two? And once I start working and have some money I think I'm going to get a CTS for gauges.

I suppose if you manual shift your trans through 1-2-D, then it might technically be possible for you to drive the truck with the chip on it. Dunno, haven't tried it.
You won't be going anywhere in a hurry without OD, and will be boiling your trans fluid without T.C. lockup though.

My obs turns very well........

Mine does too....with a heavy right root and a little counter-steer she whips right around :rockon:
On a serious note, been thinking about 05+ and four linking mine. Just need the money/time.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
So I couldn't try it for even a day or two? And once I start working and have some money I think I'm going to get a CTS for gauges.

I would not try it. Could be a good way to mess up your transmission! That would not be worth any of the "fun" you might have.

JD3020

Reaction score
Me need e-fuel, and HPOP.

But next i'm going to mount and wire up these
Image04272013152051_zps6de99e32.jpg

Finish stripping and polishing these

Image05192013161755_zps8514ba75.jpg

And installing the set of factory cab steps i've had laying around for months and months.

JD3020

Reaction score
Haven't polished em yet. I got a spray can of paint stripper from Napa, sprayed it on, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, rinsed, off, and repeated until it was all off. I bought 2 cans, but didn't even use a whole one to do all 4 rims. Just getting rid of the clearcoat made a huge difference. And if it wasn't for the damn corrosion in a few spots on my rims, i'd just give em a quick polish and run em.

Not sure what i'm going to do to clean em up though, prolly have to sand em.

Here's a better pic.
970931_10201246879556492_1263974618_n.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Haven't polished em yet. I got a spray can of paint stripper from Napa, sprayed it on, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, rinsed, off, and repeated until it was all off. I bought 2 cans, but didn't even use a whole one to do all 4 rims. Just getting rid of the clearcoat made a huge difference. And if it wasn't for the damn corrosion in a few spots on my rims, i'd just give em a quick polish and run em.

Not sure what i'm going to do to clean em up though, prolly have to sand em.

Here's a better pic.
970931_10201246879556492_1263974618_n.jpg

Thanks you! They will look really good after you are done. Right now i cant stand the way my rims look with the yellow look to them.
That rim is looking good already!!

PSD715

Reaction score
First post

Well I'm new here. Obviously. Picked poweratrokearmy because this seems the only forum with minimal bashing that's not pretty much dead.
Anyways, to the point.

Within the next few months:
Bts (Roadtripping for the install, mostly for the experience)
A d66, or equivelent.
And a set of AD injectors, with proper retuning from jody

Strokersace

Reaction score
Finish up getting my dually ready for sale. That's the #1 priority.

My dads truck will be getting a 38 gal rear tank, a SD longbox front tank, go fast stuff off my dually, sound deadening, fuel sump, bigger turbo, pmf rsk w/ SD springs.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well I'm new here. Obviously. Picked poweratrokearmy because this seems the only forum with minimal bashing that's not pretty much dead.
Anyways, to the point.

Within the next few months:
Bts (Roadtripping for the install, mostly for the experience)
A d66, or equivelent.
And a set of AD injectors, with proper retuning from jody

First off, Welcome to the Form!!!!

Why the AD Injectors? That would be like going backwords. Yes you can make more power then the factory AA injectors that are in the OBS pickups BUT you will loose in other places. Your fuel economy will suffer from it.

Just wondering why???

PSD715

Reaction score
Well, when I go bigger I wanna go to 238/80s
But I got the ADs for free. And I don't wanna have my truck waiting long enough yo save the 1600 for the hybrids. (The tranny I'd toasted. And turbo is dusted)
So I thought going with the splits for a few months would work well while I work on coming e-fuel, hpo, intercooler, and so on. That way when I get the sticks I'll be set up for em.
+ spooling a d66 with my AAs would be a bit of a pain, no?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Spooling the D66 with your AA should be no trouble at all. If you are worried about it you could always just put as 1:00 or a :84 A/R Exhaust housing on it.

Put the AD in will cost you more money in the long run. You have to pay for tuning to run them. That right there will cost you. You could sell the AD and take that money and the money you saved in tuning for them, And put that towards the Hybrids. That what i would do.

PSD715

Reaction score
Maybe I can find a vendor who thinks 2 sets of functional cores Are worth a set of hybrids.. Loll. But that is a good point. Though my chip has to be fixed and retuned anyways. So I'm gonna have it tuned to my setup, regardless of what that ends up being.
I actually have three perfectly fine sets between my truck, the ADs and my spare parts truck.

Latest posts

Members online