what min/max rpm on the dyno?

Reaction score
Holy ****, $1900.

And, so check what it costs to completely rebuild a used 2015 turbo, machine parts, then add billet wheel, rebalance and reassemble. Plus, you can't do it for cost and not make any money... We sold them for $2900 w/o core for about 6 months.

Look at an elite 76 atmo for a 6.4..... $2900 plus core.... And that's only one of the two turbos in the truck..

In the end, it's completely inline with any other company or platform on cost, if not better than most...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mattn

Reaction score
What else is needed along with the 15 turbo to fit it into a 11-14 and the cost on those?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
At minimum the cobra head of the downpipe, passenger side manifold, up pipes, pedestal, coolant and oil lines to turbo, and gaskets. My kit came with complete downpipe.

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Yessir, forgot about that.......... Monday morning and prior to coffee responses are no good!! Lol

Keith

Mattn

Reaction score
At minimum the cobra head of the downpipe, passenger side manifold, up pipes, pedestal, coolant and oil lines to turbo, and gaskets. My kit came with complete downpipe.

Keith

Thanks man!
I assume all this isn't included with the turbo purchase haha. So what is the real world cost of doing a '15 swap??

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
This was all included with the kit, Morgan has the kit for $2900 last I saw but it's been a while. Can't beat the customer service!!

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
And, so check what it costs to completely rebuild a used 2015 turbo, machine parts, then add billet wheel, rebalance and reassemble. Plus, you can't do it for cost and not make any money... We sold them for $2900 w/o core for about 6 months.

Look at an elite 76 atmo for a 6.4..... $2900 plus core.... And that's only one of the two turbos in the truck..

In the end, it's completely inline with any other company or platform on cost, if not better than most...

The fact that you used Elite to reassure your pricing is laughable. I'm quite astute with turbo pricing which is what lead me to choking on my food. But I guess EVERYthing else in the diesel (late model) market is ridiculously (over) priced, why wouldn't turbos be too...

Reaction score
The fact that you used Elite to reassure your pricing is laughable. I'm quite astute with turbo pricing which is what lead me to choking on my food. But I guess EVERYthing else in the diesel (late model) market is ridiculously (over) priced, why wouldn't turbos be too...

Well, that's cool. I'm glad you think your very confident in how things should be priced.

I did not use anything they set to make my pricing. The fact that you had no idea what our price has been for the last 6 months just means that you have no idea who set what first.....

It's ok, I guess it should only cost $500 to modify and have a $250 core right? Plus we should cover any warranty plus all labor and costs incurred? So then when someone doesn't turn in a core I'm out $1700? Yea I think your math is a little skewed on how the real world works.

Base it off turbo price, ford core included, modification cost, and some allowance for profit (otherwise there is no reason for me to pay my employees, right?) and there you have it? Some one turns in a core, it needs to be rebuilt to 100% new condition, otherwise you would complain that it's not quality... But wait, how does that equate in the real world? Oh that's correct, if I don't charge what I charge then there would be no use in doing it. I guess losing money to rebuild a used charger to 100% new plus modification cost is how we stay in business. Let alone keep product on the shelf so people can actually buy it instead of wait for months?

You have some issue with me that I guess I'll never understand.... I've never done anyone wrong (much less you personally) on this forum nor anyone ever. But it's okay, keep making asinine assumptions and left field remarks. It only shows your complete ignorance.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh...

Reaction score
I guess since using elite turbos cannot be a plausible show of how expensive a turbo can be... Would you please tell me what you consider "reasonable".... I'd really like to see how/why you could build a comparable turbo cheaper without sacrificing quality... Don't forget allowing for cores to be turned in and resold to the next guy. Needs as new status and not ending up with a bad rep for selling half a**ed parts? Can't sell just a "wheel swap" that don't fly in this cost discussion.

So please justify (with real numbers) how we are so far off on pricing that you "choked" on your food.

Reaction score
FWIW I find Midwest prices very reasonable and without sacrificing any sort of quality I may add from personal experience.

I should not have even given him the pleasure of responding. Evidently he is beyond comprehension on the subject or doing it just to irritate me for his pleasure. I cannot think how anyone could be that naive to think that the type of comments he made was/were intelligent or called for. But.... He did it anyway.

jcain

Reaction score
Sorry I don't conform to the cliche diesel clique Of opening my wallet blindly.

rps20150505_213717.jpg

Tell me what I'm missing here, please...
I send you my perfectly working 2015 turbo (ahead of time. No core charge) and get a new 64.7mmx92mm compressor and gt40 70.5mm turbine, which is maybe $650 in parts, a rebuild kit MIGHT be $200, and machining a turbo is usually $150 a side, so that's roughly $1150.

The other $750?

I like how you're already stooping to name calling, classy. Sorry for wanting clarification on why something costs what it does, shame on me.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I don't conform to the cliche diesel clique Of opening my wallet blindly.

rps20150505_213717.jpg

Tell me what I'm missing here, please...
I send you my perfectly working 2015 turbo (ahead of time. No core charge) and get a new 64.7mmx92mm compressor and gt40 70.5mm turbine, which is maybe $650 in parts, a rebuild kit MIGHT be $200, and machining a turbo is usually $150 a side, so that's roughly $1150.

The other $750?

I like how you're already stooping to name calling, classy. Sorry for wanting clarification on why something costs what it does, shame on me.

i think you're missing a good chunk of cost. i guess its stuff you just wouldnt understand. id say you go build one yourself and see how much you save , then evaluate what your time is worth. heaven forbid he factor in free shipping, cost of dropping off and picking up , credit card fess, and last but not least a profit !

jcain

Reaction score
And fwiw, if you remember or not, I've talked to you on the phone before and it was quite civil and informative. Why you think I've got something against you is beyond me. I call it like I see it, if that rubs your wrong, Inform me of my misinterpretation(s) and we'll go from there.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
And fwiw, if you remember or not, I've talked to you on the phone before and it was quite civil and informative. Why you think I've got something against you is beyond me. I call it like I see it, if that rubs your wrong, Inform me of my misinterpretation(s) and we'll go from there.

i dont think you have anything against me. i just think you're a bit off on this one. ive onlysold a couple of his 64mm turbos , and i really DONT know what goes into it. i just know he factors in what the cost is and what his time is worth and sells it at that. i assume its decently fair, but then again people say i charge outrageous prices for a piece of pipe and a filter, and they have no idea what actually goes into it. i do know , that just repackaging the turbo for shipping is over $40 in material plus the time. just food for thought.

Latest posts

Members online