What tranny is best

fordguy2

Reaction score
On the way to school today my tranny decided to take a poop. But any way what Im wanting to know is what kinds of transmissions has everyone had luck with. I have a 2003 F250 and it has the 7.3. It has a garett 38r turbo, air intake, dp tuner. Im wanting to get a built tranny and I will probably end up getting injectors in the near future. It will be pushing over 400 hp. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

fordguy2

Reaction score
I have heard good things about BTS and was just seeing if there were any other ones that would compare!

bruce

Reaction score
di, twisted, nadp (i think, if not its somethin like that) are all pretty good. i have a bts and its sweet. warranty is the main thing

fordguy2

Reaction score
Yea man just got to the intersection on 116 and just quite moving. Thank god we are only like 2 seconds from River City Diseal. Lol. They are checking it out tonight and hopefully by tomoro I will be ordering a tranny!

fordguy2

Reaction score
I just looked up and the BTS has like a 2 year warranty. Are any of the others close to that?

bruce

Reaction score
well the written warranty is 2 years unlimited mile, unlimited power, but many many people have said even after the 2 years are up that brian would rebuild it for free

Blowby

Reaction score
2 year full coverage. Lifetime parts so you just pay for oil and time to fix. I've had my first one for 7 years and put a lot of TQ to it and busted it a couple times but for 100-200 bucks it's better than new with all the latest upgraded parts, no charge. Latest trans has been in one piece for a few years with a little power through it, more than twice what you will put through it.

Last edited:

dirtboy25

Reaction score
All that have been mentioned will be very reliable with 400hp. I would go with the builder that is most local to you.

BTS is in Arkansas
JW i believe is west coast
And Twisted Diesel I believe is East Coast

fordguy2

Reaction score
How long did it take for you to receive your transmissions. Im in Illinois and will have it shipped to have a shop around here do it.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Empire Diesel sells Twisted Diesel transmissions. If you are near RCD then they are just a 3 hour trip from you. That would probably be your best bet.

Latest posts

Members online