Whats all of our transmission choices?

jcain

Reaction score
A little wet spot on top. Doesn't look fresh either.
Never had the lazy reverse. I have had two or 3 chirps on 4-5 shifts previously.

Reaction score
When the dealer is reprogramming the valve body, what does that do to our tunes that are installed on the truck? Do you have to return it to stock, let them program it and then you can reload your custom tunes? Does your tune need to be updated to accomodate for it? For example, I have a mini maxx with gearheads tunes.

jcain

Reaction score
EDE isn't open today to talk to.

Suncoast says their stuff is good for 800hp but don't have a converter or other hard parts til this Fall.

jcain

Reaction score
Revmax says 850hp, 2 yrs unlimited miles, free freight roundtrip if a failure occurs and up to $350 r&r refund if it fails.
Billet converter and billet parts coming in ~6months

jcain

Reaction score
Midwest says 2yr 100,000 miles. Clutches,pump mod, and new cooler. They do have a Precision converter for $1300 and $300 for a deep pan.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
When the dealer is reprogramming the valve body, what does that do to our tunes that are installed on the truck? Do you have to return it to stock, let them program it and then you can reload your custom tunes? Does your tune need to be updated to accomodate for it? For example, I have a mini maxx with gearheads tunes.

I'm not sure yet. Once the trans is in I plan on giving them a call to find out all the steps to take. I went with their precision converter with a higher stall for my single S371.

jcain

Reaction score
ATS says 5yr 500,000 miles. Clutches, modded pump and factory solenoids. 900hp. I asked for any proof of that claim but they were unable to provide any.

jcain

Reaction score
Not if you have to r&r it every month and ship it on your own dime at $500

jcain

Reaction score
And wait 2-3 months for it to be shipped back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. And ats is a send it in ahead of time only. And one week from the time they receive it to build it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Well, hit up Street Car Takeover tonight (saturday night into Sunday morning) lot of gnarly rides. Had no intentions running the truck but the fun got the best of me. We'll see what videos surface, If any.

And the trans held fine... Odd. I still need to get a trans though, better safe than sorry.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Jon asked me for some details on the 6R trans I build. So I updated the website and re-posted it here.

This transmission is great for Towing, Daily Driving, and Performance use.

We have tested this transmission by towing 25,000 lbs through the Rocky Mountains of Colorado over mountain passes with 7% grades.

This transmission has been behind engines with over 800hp and has provided great results.

Trans comes with the following upgrades:
Updated Fluid Pump
Increased clutch count and improved material-
-Forward Clutch - Raybestos Hi-Energy / 6 Frictions
-Direct Clutch - Raybestos GPZ / 6 Frictions
-Intermediate Clutch - Raybestos GPZ / 6 Frictions
-Low/Reverse - Raybestos Hi-Energy / 5 Frictions
-Overdrive - Raybestos GPZ / 8 Frictions*
Valve body recalibration with New Solenoids

*Some competitors have 9 friction overdrive setups. We only use the 9 friction setup on our Competition unit designed for 800+ hp. To get 9 frictions in the Overdrive requires using thinner materials, which are great for holding the power in a drag race or sled pull. Using thinner materials goes against long term reliability, which is provided through thicker materials to better release heat. This is why Elite only offers an 8 friction Overdrive pack in our H/D transmission.

Below is a listing of clutch counts for comparison.

Clutch 2011-14 2015
Forward 5 4
Direct 5 4
Intermediate 5 5
Low/Reverse 5 5
Overdrive 7 7

Transmission comes with a 3 yr warranty.

gfulton

Reaction score
Jon asked me for some details on the 6R trans I build. So I updated the website and re-posted it here.

This transmission is great for Towing, Daily Driving, and Performance use.

We have tested this transmission by towing 25,000 lbs through the Rocky Mountains of Colorado over mountain passes with 7% grades.

This transmission has been behind engines with over 800hp and has provided great results.

Trans comes with the following upgrades:
Updated Fluid Pump
Increased clutch count and improved material-
-Forward Clutch - Raybestos Hi-Energy / 6 Frictions
-Direct Clutch - Raybestos GPZ / 6 Frictions
-Intermediate Clutch - Raybestos GPZ / 6 Frictions
-Low/Reverse - Raybestos Hi-Energy / 5 Frictions
-Overdrive - Raybestos GPZ / 8 Frictions*
Valve body recalibration with New Solenoids

*Some competitors have 9 friction overdrive setups. We only use the 9 friction setup on our Competition unit designed for 800+ hp. To get 9 frictions in the Overdrive requires using thinner materials, which are great for holding the power in a drag race or sled pull. Using thinner materials goes against long term reliability, which is provided through thicker materials to better release heat. This is why Elite only offers an 8 friction Overdrive pack in our H/D transmission.

Below is a listing of clutch counts for comparison.

Clutch 2011-14 2015
Forward 5 4
Direct 5 4
Intermediate 5 5
Low/Reverse 5 5
Overdrive 7 7

Transmission comes with a 3 yr warranty.

Why not Jon.......

Reaction score
Fwiw, our transmissions are expensive. I don't make excuses. They all come with a new pump, new VB, new solenoids, new harness, new sensors, new Trans cooler.

Raybestos hi-energy and gpz frictions throughout the whole Trans.

Modifications to the E-clutch shaft/hub.

Custom machined pistons and other parts inside.

Not going into detail anymore than that.

Comes with a 2 year 100k warranty. From a line of products that are proven and have track record. We have grossed 30k+, ran 10's in the 1/4 mile and made nearly 1200hp multitudes of times on the dyno. We do also offer a custom modded converter to go with and warranty the whole package.

As far as the programming, if you don't enter the VB strategy it WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

You do not have to return to stock to perform it with IDS.

We require no special tuning to operate. But we do highly recommend custom tuning for longevity and warranty. We have tunes available or can point you in the right direction to get set up.

50_shooter

Reaction score
Fwiw, our transmissions are expensive. I don't make excuses. They all come with a new pump, new VB, new solenoids, new harness, new sensors, new Trans cooler.

Raybestos hi-energy and gpz frictions throughout the whole Trans.

Modifications to the E-clutch shaft/hub.

Custom machined pistons and other parts inside.

Not going into detail anymore than that.

Comes with a 2 year 100k warranty. From a line of products that are proven and have track record. We have grossed 30k+, ran 10's in the 1/4 mile and made nearly 1200hp multitudes of times on the dyno. We do also offer a custom modded converter to go with and warranty the whole package.

As far as the programming, if you don't enter the VB strategy it WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

You do not have to return to stock to perform it with IDS.

We require no special tuning to operate. But we do highly recommend custom tuning for longevity and warranty. We have tunes available or can point you in the right direction to get set up.

I've got 6k on mine and it hasn't skipped a beat. I haven't been too gentle with it either, towing 15k occasionally at 500+ hp. What really amazed me though is you had it apart and back together in a couple days, using MY core.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Just got my trans from Morgan in the truck tonight! It's getting the VB flashed with IDS Thursday afternoon. Can't wait to drive it again. Very happy with Morgan and Austin so far. Answered all my questions and turn around time was very quick. Yes they are expensive... Between the trans, high stall TC, and new flex plate it cost a pretty penny. But if it holds my abuse for a few years then it'll be well worth it.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
How much power are these trans in the 11-14 holding stock? Pretty sure mine slipped today going into 5th. Getting on the highway little over half throttle, hit 5th and it just revved. Backed out of it eased into it again and it just revved. Only have it tuned and deleted for the last 1000 miles or so.

Latest posts