whats wrong with my friends truck! idles and wont go

moto613

Reaction score
friend has a 01 with the 6 speed has about 186000 miles on it just got new clutch and full service, but the check engine light sometimes comes on when your at a stoplight and the truck wont go over idle. the dealer said they drove the truck and they could not get the light to come on. it comes on and off here and there in mostly stop and go traffic. but it does do it when your on the freeway and get on it but not all the time. seems like when your lugging it ,thats when it happens.
the truck has a dp tuner and a southbend clutch
could it be the cam sensor

sniper_101

Reaction score
Isn't there a mildly common issue with these trucks having something to do with the harness for the TPS wearing through/shorting somewhere? I'm sure I read it, but can't remember if it applied to manual trans trucks. Just a thought.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like the IVS(Idle Validation Switch) is not making contact, this on an '01 I'm not sure if it is a separate switch or not, but I personally remove the pedal assembly clean and spray with electrical cleaner annually.

01PSD

Reaction score
I pressed the tow/haul button one time and blew a fuse... all gauges quit working, truck would do nothing but idle.. yeah it sucked

BuckedUp154

Reaction score
This happened to me and turned out to be my TPS. Also when crossing railroad tracks, or anything that gave the truck a good shake, the SES would illuminate and truck would die. Awesome right?

Last edited:

perfdiesel

Reaction score
what code is it? if the throttle goes to idle with no throttle response check the wire harness by the drives side shock tower in the front they rub threw there- if ok what code do you have?

Latest posts

Members online