Wheel/Tire Tech Thread

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Oh dear Lord please don't. :cursing: Low profile mud tires shouldn't even exist.

A low rider can look cool.

An off road truck really looks cool.

Anything trying to be both, is just wrong.

True... I like my set up now and for now I'm just talking but I'd like a new combo

N.O.V.

Reaction score
Gonna throw a 2.5" leveling kit on my '00 f250.. would like to get 315/70r16 under it. What rim width could i get away with?

masonrothe7

Reaction score
I have a 2011 6.7 F350 4x4 with a 2.5 inch leveling kit sitting on tires that measure out to 34.5x12X18. From towing heavy machinery the back end of my truck has started to sag a little and it now rides a slight wheelie which I really hate. Once I measure out the back sag I'll decide whether she needs a 5 inch block or an add a leaf. How much lift have you guys experienced with an add a leaf? And once this is done will my truck clear 35x12.5's on 20" fuel hostages with 4.5 backspacing and -12 offset?

jljoyner766

Reaction score
New to the form 08 6.4L Spartan, flo-pro delete back 5 inch, s&b intake.

Was trying to get some opinions on whether to go with 20x12 or 20x10 with Toyo AT II or Nitoo 420. Do some hauling and pulling. Mostly weekend truck and want it too look right.

Truck is identical to bft blue oval boys but just with stock wheels and tires now

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Was trying to get some opinions on whether to go with 20x12 or 20x10 with Toyo AT II or Nitoo 420. Do some hauling and pulling. Mostly weekend truck and want it too look right.

Truck is identical to bft blue oval boys but just with stock wheels and tires now

20x10 vs 20x12 has no affect on towing or pulling. 420s' and at2's are completely different tires. Pick what suits what you do best. If you go offroad at all even in wet grass, 420s won't be for you. Also if you have bad winters where you live, 420s won't be for you.

jljoyner766

Reaction score
Yea I couldn't have 420 at all then, not bad weather but a little grass sometimes and pulling trailers threw fields. Well now that is out the way what size tire if I leave front stock and go to 1inch block in back

Jeremy

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yea I couldn't have 420 at all then, not bad weather but a little grass sometimes and pulling trailers threw fields. Well now that is out the way what size tire if I leave front stock and go to 1inch block in back

Jeremy

pretty sure Randall's truck is stock height or so and 305/55. That size looks awesome on 20x12s

jljoyner766

Reaction score
Yea it is but he lowered back. He has a 1inch block in back. And has anyone seen any kind of wear issues with the 20x12 as far as the truck goes

Jeremy

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Like Josh said, it probably plays a role in wear over time but I haven't seen it brought up anywhere saying how much faster things are wearing out.

Welcome to PSA Jeremy! Glad my local friends are finally making their way here lol

Latest posts

Members online