Where's the Alaska Army?

07OUTLAW

Reaction score
Living just south of Seattle, WA right now.

But I grew up in Eagle River (ER elementry, Gruening MS, Chugiak HS, graduated in '98). Moved out of the state in '99 for work, back with work (St Paul Island) in '05, then Anchorage from '06-'10. Now I'm down here, but the wife and I are counting the days until we can move back (she's from ER/Anchorage too).

I make it back every summer for fishing and to visit the family. I'd love to meet up with some local guys when I'm up there. I'll be there the middle to end of June this year, let me know if you want to grab a beer and talk trucks...

AKHILF

Reaction score
Im always down for beer and truck talk. My numbers 907-223-9620 and we went to all the same schools. I live on Genora St right up from er element but I graduated 9 years after you.

strokinak

Reaction score
Wasilla here. Any on you guys interested in going to the track for a test and tune in June. There will be some Dodge guys there and its open season.

CamTom12

Reaction score
Ha! Not likely, unless you ask one of the self-tuners up here to give you some pointers.

I don't know of any "professional for-hire tuners" in this area.

Test and Tune is a type of track day at a drag strip, where there's not official competition, just open track for running as many times as you can during their open hours.

strokinak

Reaction score
Yeah what he said. Just gonna go play, and finally see what one of these 6.4's can do. I june 6th at the palmer track.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Sounds fun! I think I am going to have to put some serious effort into getting ready for that.

Do you have any specifics on the event?

strokinak

Reaction score
Prepay at underground. Cost $50 but doesn't sound like its going to happen, there wasn't enough interest.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there - a Sunday is a terrible day for an event when your second largest city is 7 hours away.

If it was on Saturday I'd have been in like Flynn.

907DAVE

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

Apparently ONE of the Anchorage guys could not do it on Saturday... so they planned to do it Sunday instead.

Now no one wants to go, wonder why?

that_guy

Reaction score
Lol really....ok so since you guys don't know the entire truth, let me help you out.....there was a couple of dates thrown out there 2 months prior to the day being set. When there was enough interest and time permitting, I went and talked to Nick at Underground. He couldn't have it on a Saturday around that weekend do to him working so many hours and he made a promise to his family. So instead of coming up with anoter date that no one had planned on, I made the decision for that Sunday.

Please if you guys have a better idea, then please go ahead and set one up. I hope you have better luck then I did.

Also to clear the air, I picked these dates prior to me knowing what's days I would off.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Sorry guy, let re-group and get this thing going again! Maybe setup a poll for a date, and make something happen.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I can handle Saturdays with a mid-day start - they give me time to drive down that day, stay that night, and drive back the next day.

I do have family in town from 29 June - 8 July though.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Do any of you Anchorage/Eagle River/Peters Creek fellers know Kevin Hansen or Denny (his last name escapes me)? I know Denny lives in Peters Creek, and pretty sure Kevin lives in Eagle River. Both are retired and are usually down to run their powerstrokes down the track. Very knowledgable guys. If you know them or run into them tell'em I said howdy.

strokinak

Reaction score
Maybe for the dyno day try getting 5 guys togather that are willing to pay full price so it will be easier to organize.

Members online

No members online now.