Who has the best custom tuning for 6.0 modified

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm gonna be getting gearheads tunes this next week I hope! Getting excited never been in a tunes 6.0 before and I hear great things about his tunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllanB

Reaction score
I am sure there are several people that have really great tunes. Looks like they are all continiously making advances in their tuning. Like some of these guys said. It is probably more in personal preference for one reason or the other.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I ran the XR map from IDP the other day and after warm up run left about 150-200 ft of rubber just from droppin the hammer... Shifts were good but i just use the XS for DD... Its a pretty clean map good power got slightly walked on by a 7.3 with injectors, tuned, and upgraded turbo... im happy...

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I notice the same tranny issue with my tsd tune seems to only happen though at 1/2-3/4 throttle for me, but a for power I love it. but I'm back using my SRL, plus my truck starts a little easier with the SRL.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk

Chris

Reaction score
Not meaning to derail, but can any of you guys having the 3-5 flare email me with your info and exactly what the truck is doing. also, id like to know if youre running the early lockup or not.

[email protected]

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Chris, Ill give you a call monday, I have some feedback and info for ya.

Wojo

Reaction score
Im running Eric's tunes as well. i love them and Eric is VERY fast at making changes to the tunes for you. usually a couple of hours turn around. i also have the 3-5 flare that was mostly fixed by upping the pressure to 25% for now. I have XR file but i found that trying to street it isnt fun. it seems like it bangs in to gears. i have NOT talked to eric about it tho because i dont DD it. i DO however DD my XS tune that he fixed up for me and its a monster. all in all i have the following tunes from eric. Tow, Tow with Brake, Aggressive Street, Xtreme Street, and Xtreme Race. all of them are great tunes. I have NOT used the tow with Brake yet. but next time i tow i will defineatly be using it. ive heard its excellent.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Not meaning to derail, but can any of you guys having the 3-5 flare email me with your info and exactly what the truck is doing. also, id like to know if youre running the early lockup or not.

[email protected]

Chris, I have some feedback as well. The Super Panty Soaker reacts EXTREMELY WELL to PHP's new FICM tuning. I'm also about to install the GoGo solenoid, Doug gave our club a great price, so we'll see if that helps at all. I think Greg already has the GoGo solenoid though.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i've tried several different tuners (bts, wildman, spartan, idp) and i keep going back to innovative's stuff. i'm fixing to put a big vgt on my truck and would like to get my stuff live tuned by matt @ gearhead.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
the fastest ford's are all tuned by innovative diesel
Funny how when people compare tunes. One name always comes up and these tunes are always compared to his. That should answer their question right there. If his tunes weren't some of the best out there, his name wouldn't keep coming up. Just a thought.
Erics race tune is completely streetable

Sent from my Droid Charge
Im running Eric's tunes as well. i love them and Eric is VERY fast at making changes to the tunes for you. usually a couple of hours turn around. i also have the 3-5 flare that was mostly fixed by upping the pressure to 25% for now. I have XR file but i found that trying to street it isnt fun. it seems like it bangs in to gears. i have NOT talked to eric about it tho because i dont DD it. i DO however DD my XS tune that he fixed up for me and its a monster. all in all i have the following tunes from eric. Tow, Tow with Brake, Aggressive Street, Xtreme Street, and Xtreme Race. all of them are great tunes. I have NOT used the tow with Brake yet. but next time i tow i will defineatly be using it. ive heard its excellent.
Innovatives.
i've tried several different tuners (bts, wildman, spartan, idp) and i keep going back to innovative's stuff. i'm fixing to put a big vgt on my truck and would like to get my stuff live tuned by matt @ gearhead.
Innovative
See a pattern here? Eric is the one tuning the highest HP 6.0s out there and keeping them in one piece.

And although I don't have any of Matt's tunes to speak from experience, his tunes are highly regarded as well.

/thread

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I was messin around with a 7.3 with (i dont remember exactly what size) but injectors done, turbo done, and spray (dont think he used it on me)... Ive got intake exhaust and erics xtreme street tune and he slowly walked away from me from about a 60 roll... With the xtreme race map i dont think he would of walked away at all... Im very satisfied...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
FYI: anyone who has Chris' super panty dropper and is getting a shift flare, after countless revisions he made to my file, he has nailed it. No more flare, get at him and he will update your file, works very well if you have a gogo solenoid

imelmo

Reaction score
I've had Elite's, GoGo's, Matt with Gearhead's, Eric with Innovative's, and just recently Chris with TruckSourceDiesel's.

They all did fine but each have their own little characteristics and it seems to vary from truck to truck. Doug's tunes worked great on my '05 crewcab. Drove fine on the street and was consistent 14.1's at the track.

Matt's tunes were also great but I was having a trans issue at the time so I'll have to try his again.

Elite's tunes worked well but just reved a little too high for my taste.

Eric's tunes have worked really well for me. Great for daily driving and racing.

Most recently I've tried out Chis at TSD's "Bus Stop" tune. Very impressed with it so far. Excellent power and very streetable. This is on the '03 I just got so I haven't tried any others on this particular truck, but so far so good. It hasn't puked yet either (knocks on wood). :D

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
chris is always bringing up the best file names to the plate.:demon:

Latest posts

Members online