Who makes a complete front end kit for our trucks?

GreenMachine

Reaction score
What about a redhead steering box?

That's what I mean, that's like the single weak link to the ford front end. That dead spot seems inevitable with the factory unit.

My buddies 08 is developing a dead spot and I'd be willing to be its the box.

rc4wd

Reaction score
I don't want parts store stuff on my truck, though. That's the problem.

If you don't want parts house parts on it then there's really no point in asking where to get parts. Just go to Ford and replace everything with oem parts including a new steering gear box, cause all of the ones I've ever tried to track the slop down in was comin from the gear box.

T.R.P.

Reaction score
If you don't want parts house parts on it then there's really no point in asking where to get parts. Just go to Ford and replace everything with oem parts including a new steering gear box, cause all of the ones I've ever tried to track the slop down in was comin from the gear box.

Maybe you're confused. Parts stores sell moog. Moog is an OE replacement and slight upgrade. I do not want an OE replacement part that has been slightly upgraded on my truck. I really do not have much gear box play. It is the ball joints causing the "loose" feeling up front.

bruce

Reaction score
ball joints dont make the sloppy feelin. i replaced my ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar ect, installed dual icon stabilizers and she still wondered all over the place. red head fixed that sh1t

T.R.P.

Reaction score
ball joints dont make the sloppy feelin. i replaced my ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar ect, installed dual icon stabilizers and she still wondered all over the place. red head fixed that sh1t

I'm not sure how you guys define sloppy. My truck has never been all over the road. It still is not. The front end is just very lose. It is definitely the ball joints. The whole front end is shaking but it is not the death wobble.

Well what exactly do you want then?

Something that can withstand severe off road abuse.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you guys define sloppy. My truck has never been all over the road. It still is not. The front end is just very lose. It is definitely the ball joints. The whole front end is shaking but it is not the death wobble.

Dynatrac ftmfw

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

bruce

Reaction score
jack the front end up and try to wiggle the tire at the 12 and 6 if no movement your ball joints are tight. but if you want the best money can buy look into some dynatrac rebuildable ball joints. serve off road use? you plan on doin the baja 1000?

T.R.P.

Reaction score
jack the front end up and try to wiggle the tire at the 12 and 6 if no movement your ball joints are tight. but if you want the best money can buy look into some dynatrac rebuildable ball joints. serve off road use? you plan on doin the baja 1000?

I have. They're so bad, that I am now nervous to drive the truck. Lol. And yes, something comparable to that. It's the best way to convince a customer what to go with.

Any info on who sales the dynatrac?

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score

Mine was never "all over the road" what I meant by sloppy was I had to always work the wheel back and forth very little (like a 12:00 to 1:00 or 12:00 to 11:00) to keep it going in a straight line

T.R.P.

Reaction score
Mine was never "all over the road" what I meant by sloppy was I had to always work the wheel back and forth very little (like a 12:00 to 1:00 or 12:00 to 11:00) to keep it going in a straight line

Ahh. Indeed. Did you ever buy an aftermarket gear box?

bruce

Reaction score
my ball joints were pretty shot, replaced them and it was a little better but the single best improvement i made was replacin the steerin gear

Latest posts

Members online