Who's running Borg Warner s362/68/.91

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
I'm curious as to some feed back on this turbo. How does it run? Tow? Pros and cons? Thanks fellas

-Jesse

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
.91 is a pretty big housing and might get a touch laggy. I think you would be better off with the .83. That is what I have sitting here if I ever get around to ordering a set of up pipes and get it installed.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
My self and Greg (pizzapig) have ran the 66/73/.91 and we both liked it. It is alittle laggy but nothing you cant deal with. drives perfectly fine on the street. If your going to run the 68mm turbine wheel you might as well get the .83 housing because thats the wheel its made for.

here are some videos of that set up on my truck with 190/stock injectors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_NwUpDWmS4

very aggressive start, 55mph TC locked pull, and normal street driving aggressive take off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2jcTh7dWxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNMLifIBNG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK6NMjDkXVY

gjoski515

Reaction score
I have a 362 and run 175/100 with a smaller open housing, I'm changing mine to a .83 divided soon hoping for much better spool up, but the truck runs great though.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
CED's videos are showing a larger compressor (minimal change in lag), but a bigger wheel too, which will flow better, but the larger 73 wheel will cause more lag than the 68. For the 62, I think the 62/68/83 T4 would be the best bet in that case. I can't say from experience, but if you are going divided up pipes, that would be your best bet.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Now granted Greg has 225/100 injectors, but from watching his videos, if I were going to run a non-VGT, I think I would do a box 366 with some CED divided up-pipes before I did the little 62. I couldn't see how a 62 would spool that much quicker than his 66 for the extra money one would spend on the 62 over the box 366. Just my observations though.

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
Cutting edge diesel what size injectors are you running? I think that I'd be better off with the .83 housing vs. the .91 so spool up is lower rpms.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Now granted Greg has 225/100 injectors, but from watching his videos, if I were going to run a non-VGT, I think I would do a box 366 with some CED divided up-pipes before I did the little 62. I couldn't see how a 62 would spool that much quicker than his 66 for the extra money one would spend on the 62 over the box 366. Just my observations though.

the 66 needs the 73mm turbine to be most efficient, its not that laggy either. The 62-64m compressor wheels are a much better match with the 68mm turbine and spool stupid fast, and is definitely faster than the 73mm turbine. Worth the few extra hundo? Not me to decide but someone who uses their truck to tow may think it is.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm really thinking about running a setup just ced same injectors even... I think it would be a wicked fun street truck and tow rig. May lose at the top but I'd rather have spool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MorganY

Reaction score

Don't hate on the 62. That little guy is part of the reason I cruise 6-800° on the highway (even going up grades)

windrunner408

Reaction score
Don't hate on the 62. That little guy is part of the reason I cruise 6-800° on the highway (even going up grades)

Oh I wasn't hating on the 62 Morgan. LOL I was just stating that seeing the response that Greg was able to get out of his 66 combined with the price of the 66, I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't just go with that for a nasty street single turbo. I have no doubt that the 62 and 64 will spool really good (when spec'd right), I was just talking about the performance of the 66 combined with the price. Seemed pretty good to me is all. Hope this makes sense.

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
So it comes down to get the smaller housing (.83) rather than the (.91) on the 62 for better low rpm boost. And get a smaller wheel than the 68?

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
Or would the 66/74/.91 be a better combo? I'm not sure if temps would be getting pretty hot towing, or have lower end? Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get my head wraped around this. Thanks guys

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think Matt was saying that for the best streetability and spool up to get the 68mm turbine with the .83 T4 divided housing regardless if you go with the 62 or 66mm.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Or would the 66/74/.91 be a better combo? I'm not sure if temps would be getting pretty hot towing, or have lower end? Sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get my head wraped around this. Thanks guys

For power its better, but it will get hot towing in overdrive. I towed a few thousand with my setup and was a dream in 4th gear, but the second you hit over drive temps climb.

a 64/68/83 is a better match if you want to still tow heavier. But usually if youre towing heavy youre usually never in overdrive anyways. Ill see if I can hook to a load in the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Members online