Why is what I ask..

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well I don't know, so will someone be kind enough to fill me in or is this some closely guarded secret that requires a secret handshake to hear?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What do you think it does?

I'm not so much sold on it reduces airflow enough to make it inefficient but a hack job cant possibly help it.

If you still don't know Matt, it reduces air noise. Quiets the turbo.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, but with all the comments I just thought maybe I was missing something. The title "silencer ring" kinda make you figure that it quiets down the turbo. Thanks for the clarification though.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
this guys is rediculous.... tell me you guys heard him speaking?
"um then thake the...... um.... the um...... thingy off..." wtf.
and "start patterned bolts"? 12 point ****tard

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
WTF! This I know more than you know dick measuring contest is gettin' old. I'm here to learn, not watch those who know play games.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Map Width Enhancement Grooves

These grooves allow air to be pulled and fed directly into the second set of blades on the compressor wheel outside of the main inlet.
This most notably increases the efficiency of the compressor as well as overall air flow, hence the name, Map Width Enhancement Grooves:
it produces "wider" compressor maps.Along with the increased efficiency, feeding the second set of blades directly helps decrease spool time.

Quit being bitches.

09stroker

Reaction score
Just an illustration from Garrett
9734776c.jpg

A Ported Shroud compressor (see Fig. 2) is a feature that is incorporated into the compressor housing. It functions to move the surge line further to the left (see Fig. 3) by allowing some airflow to exit the wheel through the port to keep surge from occurring. This provides additional useable range and allows a larger compressor to be used for higher flow requirements without risking running the compressor into a dangerous surge condition. The presence of the ported shroud usually has a minor negative impact on compressor efficiency.

Last edited:

lubeowner

Reaction score
Map Width Enhancement Grooves

These grooves allow air to be pulled and fed directly into the second set of blades on the compressor wheel outside of the main inlet.
This most notably increases the efficiency of the compressor as well as overall air flow, hence the name, Map Width Enhancement Grooves:
it produces "wider" compressor maps.Along with the increased efficiency, feeding the second set of blades directly helps decrease spool time.

Quit being bitches.

Air is actually leaving the turbo via the groove not entering. By bleeding off some air it allows the turbo to keep spinning at lower rpms and not going into stall. The benfit is a wider usable rpm range. The sacrifice is lower high rpms effiecency and peak boost.

Latest posts

Members online