Why Tyrant?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
every truck does act different no doubt about that ! op- give us a call we'll get you into anything you decide , best prices and customer service around !

06-sixoh

Reaction score
every truck does act different no doubt about that ! op- give us a call we'll get you into anything you decide , best prices and customer service around !

Mike, you DID get me into something. HAHAHAH.
You just sent me EZ Lynk with spertern SOTF files last month. I even talked to you on the phone right before Thanksgiving!

I'm dying laughing right now. Mike's hustle is unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike, you DID get me into something. HAHAHAH.
You just sent me EZ Lynk with spertern SOTF files last month. I even talked to you on the phone right before Thanksgiving!

I'm dying laughing right now. Mike's hustle is unbelievable.

sorry its been a long day. ran the show myself today while all the guys got to relax. FML LOL

06-sixoh

Reaction score
No worries man. I enjoy giving the boss a hard time. I'll be calling you in a few days for a CCV re route.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Well worth the change from GH to Tyrant for me. The power was always great but the shifting kept getting worse over time and Mike helped me into the new tunes. The power is down a little, less smoke but shifts flawlessly and is exactly what I am looking for. Sure, more power is always nice, but I am always shifting and rarely need all the power. I have been thinking about trying the GH engine tune and the Tyrant trans tune to see what happens but I really don't want to screw up a good thing in pursuit of something better.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well worth the change from GH to Tyrant for me. The power was always great but the shifting kept getting worse over time and Mike helped me into the new tunes. The power is down a little, less smoke but shifts flawlessly and is exactly what I am looking for. Sure, more power is always nice, but I am always shifting and rarely need all the power. I have been thinking about trying the GH engine tune and the Tyrant trans tune to see what happens but I really don't want to screw up a good thing in pursuit of something better.

Im not sure that's possible however I would suggest keeping the same tuner for both pieces of drivetrain.

And why Tyrant... because he comes from a very long genetic line of diesel performance!! Haha. His dad is the famous BTS transmission man. Not that it means anything, just a historical reference. Cale has also been tuning powerstrokes for a very long time at this point, very knowledgeable when it comes to tuning.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Been wanting to try tyrant . I've only had punch it tunes but haven't had any probs

20156point7

Reaction score
Been wanting to try tyrant . I've only had punch it tunes but haven't had any probs

I just recently switched from PIP to GH/AS tunes, and the difference is unbelievable. The GH race tune shifts the best, is the cleanest, and has the most power of any tune I have ever had on my truck.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I just recently switched from PIP to GH/AS tunes, and the difference is unbelievable. The GH race tune shifts the best, is the cleanest, and has the most power of any tune I have ever had on my truck.

And you had the v8 tunes from pip?

20156point7

Reaction score
And you had the v8 tunes from pip?

yes, I never really liked the v8 tunes. My injectors rattled really bad in there extreme tune, and the smoke was horrible. The GH race tune is just a far superior tune. The switch to GH tunes was the best decision I have made for my truck IMO.

Jomax

Reaction score
yes, I never really liked the v8 tunes. My injectors rattled really bad in there extreme tune, and the smoke was horrible. The GH race tune is just a far superior tune. The switch to GH tunes was the best decision I have made for my truck IMO.

Kinda crazy the power GH puts down and how little smoke there is.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
gotcha.. i came from the 6.0 world and the way you describe gh tunes is similar to the 6.0's - great dependable files but"conservative tunes". my biggest complaint with gh tunes on the 6.7 platform is the overdrive kicking in at 43-45 mph... if you are cruising at that speed which i do since i am on alot of back country roads, the trans does not know what gear it wants to be in much like when it was when stock.
click the OD off button.

Im not sure that's possible however I would suggest keeping the same tuner for both pieces of drivetrain.

And why Tyrant... because he comes from a very long genetic line of diesel performance!! Haha. His dad is the famous BTS transmission man. Not that it means anything, just a historical reference. Cale has also been tuning powerstrokes for a very long time at this point, very knowledgeable when it comes to tuning.
well, that prolly does help that the guy prolly ate and breathed transmissions most of his life..

not saying the others didn't but i don't think I have ever heard one complaint about cales trans tuning on any platform..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TLyons90

Reaction score
Just coming into this thread, but. I just last night got just the tow tune from Tyrant loaded into my truck and WOW is all I can say. Nevertheless I was running stock tuning before installing the Tyrant, but. I have had several tuned diesels for the past 8 years and this thing runs and drives great!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Crazy to say coming from a Duramax man but Kory Willis's tunes have been very impressive for us on the EZLynk platform. SOTF with a knob in the cab and near perfect tuning.

GH will hopefully do EZ stuff after the 1st of the year, which would be another great option on the EZ platform.

Hard to go back to anything else though once you have one! The EZLynk is leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have tried thus far. So anyone that joins that platform has my vote!

jwalk09

Reaction score

I've only been running the v8 street bc it's been such a great driving tune. I think I remember a few members having those probs with the v8 performance and extreme tune. That's what made me never try them lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've only been running the v8 street bc it's been such a great driving tune. I think I remember a few members having those probs with the v8 performance and extreme tune. That's what made me never try them lol

give me a call and i'll send you a sample street tune. ;)

Latest posts

Members online