Why wastegate a stock turbo, or 38R...

CurtisF

Reaction score
Yea housing is ported. But I think you always saw more boost than I with your stock injectors. Do you remember what those numbers were?
Yep, sure do.

With big oil and stock injectors (which is what I ran for a long time), I would hit about 27-28 psi here in the Denver area. At sea level I could reach 30-31 with that configuration.

When I got rid of the big oil and just ran a stock HPOP on stock injectors, I would see about 25-26 psi around the Denver area. Only ran that setup for a short time before swapping injectors.

neverkickn

Reaction score
So if you are running a 38r with a 1.15 housing what size gate should you use?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yep, sure do.

With big oil and stock injectors (which is what I ran for a long time), I would hit about 27-28 psi here in the Denver area. At sea level I could reach 30-31 with that configuration.

When I got rid of the big oil and just ran a stock HPOP on stock injectors, I would see about 25-26 psi around the Denver area. Only ran that setup for a short time before swapping injectors.

Well I'm doing 1-2 psi more at Denver and higher, so maybe I'm ok. Curious to see what happens when big oil goes back on.

Latest posts

Members online