Yes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What kind of tuning? What injectors/pump? Those cp4's are a crapshoot and a stock tuned truck runs out of fuel fast. I dont see anything ground breaking here other than some studs and some rods, and the obvious compound setup, I dont think the hype is living up to its potential, but props for the work though.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, the SPE sticker is pretty cool looking.

I like the turbo setup under the hood, clean.

In for time slips...

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I still have doubts if we'll ever see these as a performance option. They are great trucks for driving and towing no doubt but they lack luster as far as a built truck goes.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
so what all is actually built???? I see a few underhood goodies but again would like to see specs. There is a 6.7L being built in our shop with compounds and the block has a nice window in it now, crowers are going back in with A1 headstuds.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I still have doubts if we'll ever see these as a performance option. They are great trucks for driving and towing no doubt but they lack luster as far as a built truck goes.

Come on man, it's still way to early to say things like that don't ya think? I'm still anxiously waiting to see what this one does and others that add fuel and air to a 6.7

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

I agree. The fact that rods are needed so early means there will be a lot less built 6.7's out there. I think the potential is there. The cost is going to be much greater for 800+ horsepower on a 6.7 compared to a 6.4.

so what all is actually built???? I see a few underhood goodies but again would like to see specs. There is a 6.7L being built in our shop with compounds and the block has a nice window in it now, crowers are going back in with A1 headstuds.

As far as I know it has studs and Carillo rods. Not sure what else is special about it other than the custom compounds.

Come on man, it's still way to early to say things like that don't ya think? I'm still anxiously waiting to see what this one does and others that add fuel and air to a 6.7

It was too early to say that until guys started bending and breaking rods at such a mild horsepower level. You can make 1,000 horsepower with a 6.4 and not touch the bottom end. You can't say the same for a 6.7. Rods become a weak link really quick. I think 550 horsepower is about the limit on the stock bottom end.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I agree. The fact that rods are needed so early means there will be a lot less built 6.7's out there. I think the potential is there. The cost is going to be much greater for 800+ horsepower on a 6.7 compared to a 6.4.

As far as I know it has studs and Carillo rods. Not sure what else is special about it other than the custom compounds.

It was too early to say that until guys started bending and breaking rods at such a mild horsepower level. You can make 1,000 horsepower with a 6.4 and not touch the bottom end. You can't say the same for a 6.7. Rods become a weak link really quick. I think 550 horsepower is about the limit on the stock bottom end.

I understand from that point of view but I was meaning for the few people that do have the funding for rods and such, I still think there is a huge potential for big power

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I understand from that point of view but I was meaning for the few people that do have the funding for rods and such, I still think there is a huge potential for big power

I think the people who go for big power on the 6.7 are gonna be out of a lot more money in the end for less outcome than if they'd just drive their 6.7 and build a 6.4 on the side.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I think the people who go for big power on the 6.7 are gonna be out of a lot more money in the end for less outcome than if they'd just drive their 6.7 and build a 6.4 on the side.

Very true today but its thanks to these guys that the price on 6.7 parts come down.

Nic

Reaction score
Im gonna watch on the sidelines....6.4s seem light years ahead of the 6.7 so early in the game for these kinds of failures. Ill be waiting :popcorn:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Slip says 12.70 @ 106... I wonder what the truck weighs? If it weighs 7k, that mph is good for 560 to the ground. Not bad.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I think we were spoiled with the 6.4's... The 6.7's seem like they are following the footsteps of the 7.3's.

Congrats on the 12.7's to SPE. I'm ready to see this truck live up to its hype

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think we were spoiled with the 6.4's... The 6.7's seem like they are following the footsteps of the 7.3's.

Congrats on the 12.7's to SPE. I'm ready to see this truck live up to its hype

I was kind of expecting a little more of such extensive mods really.

Everyone always says how the 7.3 is the best motor ever, the 6.7 may not be a power house like the 6.4, but I bet it will be a good motor, especially when left in stock form(but who wants that). Only time will tell though.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I was kind of expecting a little more of such extensive mods really.

Everyone always says how the 7.3 is the best motor ever, the 6.7 may not be a power house like the 6.4, but I bet it will be a good motor, especially when left in stock form(but who wants that). Only time will tell though.

I think everybody was. The hype was huge. Good marketing strategy.

Latest posts

Members online