ZF6 behind a 6.0

djberg

Reaction score
So far the 1950-cbk from south bend is crap stock with ficm and ecm tuning and its slipping hopefully this weekend I'll get my organic dual installed from south bend. Hoping for a better hold and a bit better take off that ceramic was a light switch, not so much now though...

tbrown1986

Reaction score
One thing I hated about my BTS that was in my 7.3 was that after I paid $5700 for a transmission it sucked driving it on the street. I got tired of driving it because it shifted so hard. I know, I know, it was built and they're going to shift harder but I didn't realize that before I had it built.

With this new truck I want it to be capable of driven on the street with ease. Don't get me wrong the BTS transmission held up to everything I could throw at it, which is what its supposed to do, but it took away a little of the driveability.

djberg

Reaction score
Yeah definitely avoid the ceramics then. And I'll see what this new one does, though I've read they are still pretty much a light switch.

Strokin89

Reaction score
A lot of dodge guys are using valair clutches. I've heard good things about both southbend and valair. I may be lookin into getting one soon myself.

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

william_ace

Reaction score
I have the southbend dual disk and I think it's great. I have yet to run it with my new 205's, but I've been assured that it will hold just fine. The pedal pressure is very close to stock wich makes for great drivability.

djberg

Reaction score
Really? You're running that dual organic in your truck now? If so that makes me super stoked, less coffee spillage

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
So far the 1950-cbk from south bend is crap stock with ficm and ecm tuning and its slipping hopefully this weekend I'll get my organic dual installed from south bend. Hoping for a better hold and a bit better take off that ceramic was a light switch, not so much now though...

That's weird that yours is slipping like that. I wonder if your disk or flywheel were contaminated at all. I've got the same one and I can't get it to slip even with 20k behind it. I will agree with the light switch, it takes some getting used to in these. I have found though that some throttle really helps smooth out the starts. Unfortunately if you don't find the sweet spot it will catch and lug the motor way down...not the most fun pulling out into traffic in town :lookaround:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Anyone ever have a problem with the clutch pedal not returning and it just stays to the floor? The other night it did it to me idk if it's cus I was at a higher rpm than usual or what.

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

djberg

Reaction score
:nopics:
Probably clutch slave cylinder going bad.

What he said, since returned. I sheered the pin off the the side of my armature a while back the last was fun, but that heim joint fix on eBay took care of that.

Since I can't double quote on my phone, my clutch didn't slipnuntil I added a ficm tuner, then it was about 3days and she started slipping up top then my pulling out got a whole lot smoother, while its cold or just leaving the house its grippy but not long after she starts engaging so smooth lol. Oh well if I can ever get through this week maybe I can get that clutch in this weekend, I hope.....

djberg

Reaction score
So I will post up pics of the clutch swap in my thread but all I can say is after the first drive with the 3250 organic dual disk is... I sure wish this clutch was available when I did the other one. Engagement is smooth as glass! That clutch is phenomenal, even lighter to the feel, and does not let go. Also there was zero contamination on the original. Really does not look bad at all just would not hold what the truck has to offer.

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Well this truck didn't work out. The seller decided not to sell after all. We were supposed to meet this morning in Arkansas. I'm glad he called me yesterday and gave me a heads up. So I'm still on the hunt. I'd guess the one I buy probably won't be a 6 speed because they're so hard to find.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Aww man that sucks

tbrown1986

Reaction score
Well I ended up with this old girl... 07 with 60K on the clock, all stock, besides 6'' rough country lift and wheels/tires. Its an auto and I really wanted a 6 speed but oh well. I couldn't pass this deal up!

D04AF34E-BB31-4033-A436-C2CB336840FA.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
gorgeous

on edit***minus the brill guard and mud graps

djberg

Reaction score
hey no stick but still a damn sharp rig! congrats on your new money pit lol. whats the plan other than the basics?

tbrown1986

Reaction score
oh com on those graps are by far the best fuel economy tires ever made, maybe second to boggers LOL

Plan is EGR delete, no head studs right now, SCT Livewire, I ordered 37x12.5 Yokohama Geolanders today, 08 mirrors and tailgate, remove the brush guard, and drive it.... oh and make payments.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.